ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tire 4 Student dependent Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TLD0213
Newly Registered
India

Tire 4 Student dependent Visa

Post by TLD0213 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi Team,

I have been in UK from last 5.5 years on (Tire 2 ICT short term 1 Year and then on Tire 2 ICT Long term 4.5 years) continuously and am currently in UK. My visa expires in April 2020

I had an offer from Republic of Ireland to work in Dublin and I did accept the offer and now I do have work permit and entry visas for Ireland for myself and my Son (2years old) and my wife. I am required to start work in Dublin from first week of Jan 2020

My wife has been with me in UK from Jan 2017 as Tire 2 ICT dependent.
During her stay in UK she applied for study in UK and has received CAS to study a Doctorate course RQF level 8 course at Glasgow.

My questions are as below

1. Will I be able to apply for a student tire 4 dependent visa to UK as a dependent of my wife. I plan to travel from Dublin to Glasgow to meet my wife and son on bi-weekly basis
2. Will my wife have problems with applying for Tire 4 student visa as she has a Irish visa (Join family Visa)
3. Can I have a Irish work permit and UK tire 4 student visa at the same time.
4. I have a 2 year old baby . He already has a Irish Join family visa (He is currently on my dependent visa in Ireland). Will there be a problem in applying a Tire 4 student dependent visa for my baby
5. Shall we all apply for Tire 4 visa at the same time from India ? Can my wife and son apply first and I can apply in April 2020?
6. I have resigned with my current employer and my last working day is 31st Dec 2019. How long will I be allowed on Tire 2 ICT in UK (my BRP shows expiry as April 2020)

Regards

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tire 4 Student dependent Visa

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:34 pm

TLD0213 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:09 pm
1. Will I be able to apply for a student tire 4 dependent visa to UK as a dependent of my wife. I plan to travel from Dublin to Glasgow to meet my wife and son on bi-weekly basis
It depends. The caseworker may not be satisfied that you meet paragraph 319C(e) of the immigration rules:

The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker must intend to live with the other as their spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner throughout the applicants stay in the UK.
TLD0213 wrote:
2. Will my wife have problems with applying for Tire 4 student visa as she has a Irish visa (Join family Visa)
No.
TLD0213 wrote:
3. Can I have a Irish work permit and UK tire 4 student visa at the same time.
I thought you wanted to apply for a PBS Dependant visa, not a Tier 4 student visa?
TLD0213 wrote:
4. I have a 2 year old baby . He already has a Irish Join family visa (He is currently on my dependent visa in Ireland). Will there be a problem in applying a Tire 4 student dependent visa for my baby
Possibly. They may not meet paragraph 319F(f)

(f) Both of the applicant’s parents must either be lawfully present (other than as a visitor) in the UK, or being granted entry clearance or leave to remain (other than as a visitor) at the same time as the applicant or one parent must be lawfully present (other than as a visitor) in the UK and the other is being granted entry clearance or leave to remain (other than as a visitor) at the same time as the applicant, unless:
(i) The Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker is the applicant’s sole surviving parent, or
(ii) The Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker parent has and has had sole responsibility for the applicant’s upbringing, or
(iii) there are serious or compelling family or other considerations which would make it desirable not to refuse the application and suitable arrangements have been made in the UK for the applicant’s care.

TLD0213 wrote:
5. Shall we all apply for Tire 4 visa at the same time from India ? Can my wife and son apply first and I can apply in April 2020?
That's your choice.
TLD0213 wrote:
6. I have resigned with my current employer and my last working day is 31st Dec 2019. How long will I be allowed on Tire 2 ICT in UK (my BRP shows expiry as April 2020)
You need to check that with the employer.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

TLD0213
Newly Registered
India

Post by TLD0213 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:57 pm

HI Team,

Many Many Thanks for the reply. It really helps me a lot

I do have one more question.

Can I apply for the Tire 4 Student dependent visa from UK (as I am in UK currently) and My Wife and child apply for Tire 4 student and student dependent respectively from India at the same time?
How will the UK embassy know that we all have applied together?
I haven't entered Ireland yet and have not registered with GNIB so I guess it will be much easier that we all apply for the Tire 4 student and Student dependent at the same time.

Regards
TLD0213

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:38 am

TLD0213 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:57 pm
Can I apply for the Tire 4 Student dependent visa from UK (as I am in UK currently) and My Wife and child apply for Tire 4 student and student dependent respectively from India at the same time?
No. Wait until she has her Tier 4 visa.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.