ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel During Dissertation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

loram
Newly Registered
Canada

Travel During Dissertation

Post by loram » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:04 pm

If I hold a tier 4 student visa, am I allowed to travel for extended periods of time during my post grad dissertation term? As far as I'm aware, as long as I do not miss any classes (there will be none that term) or meetings I can leave and reenter the UK as I please while my visa is active.

Is there a maximum amount of time a visa holder can stay outside of the UK during the dissertation term? If one were to leave for two months and return would the airport boarder officers have any concerns? I'm considering visiting family for several weeks awhile working on my dissertation.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Travel During Dissertation

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:15 am

loram wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:04 pm
If I hold a tier 4 student visa, am I allowed to travel for extended periods of time during my post grad dissertation term?

Is there a maximum amount of time a visa holder can stay outside of the UK during the dissertation term?
These are questions for the university sponsoring your visa. It depends what engagement they expect from you during this time. Given the current pandemic with so many students studying by distance learning, it seems highly unlikely to be an issue, but do ask.
loram wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:04 pm
If one were to leave for two months and return would the airport boarder officers have any concerns?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.