ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel history for Tier 4 visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eonu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Travel history for Tier 4 visa

Post by eonu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:31 am

Hi all, I am in the process of applying for a Tier 4 visa to start my Masters studies this year in the UK. I was previously on a Tier 4 visa for my undergraduate studies. I am applying within the UK.

I've already submitted the application, paid the fee, and just received the invite to do everything through the IDV app. But as I was looking back through my application, I realised that at no point did I have to provide my travel history to the UK, or even international travel history. Looking at the application form summary that was generated for me, there was nowhere to include this information. I only answered the questions that asked whether I have ever been refused a visa from the UK or anywhere else.

Is this normal? Do they not need travel history anymore or have I made a mistake?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Travel history for Tier 4 visa

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:06 am

There is a whole travel history section, I believe it is section 6. It asks about any travel to the UK and other countries. It is not possible to progress through the form without completing every section, so either you absent-mindedly said you have no travel history anywhere or, which seems unlikely, the whole section has been unexpectedly removed from the application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

eonu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Post by eonu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:36 am

Hey, thanks for your reply! I'm very much confused then...

I've double checked the application form summary many times and can't see anything about that. Very weird.

Might be a big ask, but would you be willing to quickly skim through mine and just tell me that I'm not being stupid and missing a whole section? I've obviously blacked out all identifying information.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:46 am

If you need one-to-one visa advice about your own specific visa application, I strongly advise that you do not that from random online strangers!

Your university has a dedicated visa advice service that gives helps students with their Tier 4 application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Emp35

Post by Emp35 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:32 pm

eonu wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:31 am
Hi all, I am in the process of applying for a Tier 4 visa to start my Masters studies this year in the UK. I was previously on a Tier 4 visa for my undergraduate studies. I am applying within the UK.

I've already submitted the application, paid the fee, and just received the invite to do everything through the IDV app. But as I was looking back through my application, I realised that at no point did I have to provide my travel history to the UK, or even international travel history. Looking at the application form summary that was generated for me, there was nowhere to include this information. I only answered the questions that asked whether I have ever been refused a visa from the UK or anywhere else.

Is this normal? Do they not need travel history anymore or have I made a mistake?

I don’t believe there is, as the question in relation to travel history is about refusal and deportation so if you clicked No, it doesn’t ask for anything else