ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two Tier 4 students getting married

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Losoduffy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Two Tier 4 students getting married

Post by Losoduffy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are both on Tier 4 visa. He is studying a PhD and I’m studying a master. We would like to get married in UK but we couldn’t find anything related to Two Tier 4 students getting married. We emailed visa and immigration & that’s what we got (below). I’d like to study a PhD after the master , so I’m getting worried about our situation.

Q.1 Will two tier 4 visa students getting married cause any trouble to our future visa applications?
Q.2 Will our marriage application be rejected by the home office?

Thanks!!!
———————
If you or your partner is a foreign national
There will be no change to the rights and status of EU citizens currently living in the UK until 30 June 2021, or 31 December 2020 if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. You and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK.
You must apply for a visa to get married or form a civil partnership in the UK if you:
are from outside the EU, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
are not a British citizen
do not have indefinite leave to remain in the UK
The visa or permit you need depends on where your partner is from and whether you want to live in the UK after your ceremony.
You can apply for:
a marriage visitor visa - if you’re not going to live in the UK and will stay less than 6 months
a family visa - if you want to live permanently in the UK and your partner is a British citizen, settled in the UK, has refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK
a family permit - if your partner is not a British citizen but from an EU, EEA country or Switzerland
If you do not have a marriage visitor visa or family visa
You can still give notice of your intention to get married or form a civil partnership but the immigration authorities at the Home Office will be told.
The Home Office might:
ask questions about you and your relationship - if this happens you may need to wait up to 70 days before getting married or forming a civil partnership
decide not to approve your notice - if this happens you cannot get married or form a civil partnership in the UK
The above information is taken from the following link - it contains further information that you may find useful:

https://www.gov.uk/marriages-civil-partnerships

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements for the visa they are applying for. Guidance material accompanies each and every application and should be considered when making an application. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers, which mean they must meet certain standards.