ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Postgraduate Student visa - documents

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gihanp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

UK Postgraduate Student visa - documents

Post by gihanp » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:33 pm

I was graduated with my first degree (BSc) in the UK in 2012. NOw I'm employed in the home country. Applied for a MSc in UK in the same field and got an offer from a university. in the CAS, it has been mentioned that the qualification considered to give the offer for the MSc is my first degree.

I'm a skilled worker and have 6 years of post qualified experience.

Do I need to submit my primary and secondary school certificates (we call them GCE O/L and GCE A/L in my country) when I apply for the visa ?

Can I be rejected for not providing school certificates despite the fact that me already a being a graduate and applying for a masters.

ywlgy

Re: UK Postgraduate Student visa - documents

Post by ywlgy » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:16 pm

Your BSc degree certificate is enough, no need to provide any certificates before that.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:32 am

gihanp wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:33 pm
Do I need to submit my primary and secondary school certificates (we call them GCE O/L and GCE A/L in my country) when I apply for the visa ?

Can I be rejected for not providing school certificates despite the fact that me already a being a graduate and applying for a masters.
That's not how it works. Any relevant academic matters have already been checked by the university that is sponsoring the visa. That is their job, not the visa officer's.

Hence you only need to provide evidence of whatever qualification the sponsor has listed on your CAS, if any.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

gihanp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by gihanp » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:38 pm

Hi sah10406,
Noted.

Below is what has been mentioned in the CAS.

----------------------------------
Evidence Used (Academic and English Qualifications)

Qualification: Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance
Grade/Result: Second Upper Class Honours,
Institution: Middlesex University

The English language requirement has been met by this
applicant because he has a bachelor's degree awarded in
the UK as per paragraphs EL 5.1, EL 5.2(a) and EL 5.3 (b) in
Appendix English Language (updated 1/10/21).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hence, I don't need to submit the proofs of school certificates or any other qualification other than the one listed above, rite ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:47 pm

See my previous answer:
sah10406 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:32 am
Hence you only need to provide evidence of whatever qualification the sponsor has listed on your CAS, if any.
Given your continued anxiety about this matter, I recommend individual advice and reassurance from the international student adviser at your university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.