ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Student Visa/ Additional Documents

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sapnasgs
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

UK Student Visa Additional Documents

Post by sapnasgs » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:39 am

Hi,

My biometrics was done on 12th August 2022.
I received similar mail on 8th September from UKVI to submit the additional documents. I submitted it all on 9th of September. I received the immediate auto-generated reply from them. I have booked my flights for 18th September. I am wondering if they are going to reply me on time. Any idea in how many days they reply after submitting the additional documents?

Please share your experiences. It would be a relief.
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:48 am

sapnasgs wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:39 am
Hi,

I received similar mail on 8th September from UKVI to submit the additional documents. I submitted it all on 9th of September. I received the immediate auto-generated reply from them. I have booked my flights for 18th September. I am wondering if they are going to reply me on time. Any idea in how many days they reply after submitting the additional documents?

Thanks
One can not state when you will get your visa issued and going ahead to book flight without visa at hand is on you.

sapnasgs
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by sapnasgs » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:21 pm

Yes! I can understand. As ticket prices were shooting high so booked for the safer side.
Anyways it's fully refundable so that's not the big issue.
Just waiting for the visa after submitting the additional documents.
I'll rebook accordingly.

However not getting the proper answer from anywhere like in how many days they'll revert back on average.

It's so frustrating.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:46 pm

You also can keep informed your sponsor about the current status of the application, they should be able to provide some advise for your comfort.

If you check other posts out along the forum, you will notice that these delays are a general issue at the moment, it's not related to a specific case.

sapnasgs
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

UK Student Visa/ Additional Documents

Post by sapnasgs » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:45 am

Hello,

My biometric was done on 12th August 2022 for a student visa. I got an email from UKVI on the 8th of September asking me for additional documents related to my previous employment. I submitted all the documents on 9th September. I received an auto-generated reply from them regarding the same. My course is going to start on 20th September. I am wondering in how many days UKVI is going to reply. Or is there any number where I can call and check the status?

Please guide!
Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Student Visa/ Additional Documents

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:56 am

Posts merged.

You have already been given advice. No one on the forum can tell you how long it will take. You also cannot check the status of the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sapnasgs
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by sapnasgs » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:42 pm

Apologies for the repeated question.

Thanks for the support.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:21 pm

It might not be the ideal scenario but you can start the course days or even weeks after the official start date, that's not an issue.

Explain your current situation to the admissions office or the course administrator.

didi_daniels
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: UK Student Visa Additional Documents

Post by didi_daniels » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:37 pm

sapnasgs wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:39 am
Hi,

Thanks
hello, please i'm also in a similar case as you, but mine was asked on the 21st of September and i sent them the document on the 22nd. please i would like to know if they responded to you on time and how long did it took for them to give you a decision cos mt deadline is so close.

didi_daniels
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by didi_daniels » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:53 pm

Hi,

I received mail on 21st September from UKVI to submit additional documents. I submitted it all on 22nd of September. Any idea in how many days they reply after submitting the additional documents and if i would get a decision immediately as my deadline from the school is very close

Thanks