ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Student VISA for below 16 years

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

parthraj
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

UK Student VISA for below 16 years

Post by parthraj » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:47 pm

Hello All,

I am new to this and need some advice.

I am living in UK since last 4 & half years on ITC Tier 2 VISA which is about to expire in 6 months.
Currently I am looking for an opportunity which can help me get converted to Tier 2 General visa.

If that does not work, I was wondering whether Student VISA can be applied for my 12 year old kid.

My Kid is studying here since last 4 years and me going back to my origin country would mean hampering my kid's education and study.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: UK Student VISA for below 16 years

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:05 am

parthraj wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:47 pm
If that does not work, I was wondering whether Student VISA can be applied for my 12 year old kid.
Only if they have a place at an independent fee-paying school. They cannot get a Student visa for attending a state school.

https://www.gov.uk/child-study-visa
parthraj wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:47 pm
My Kid is studying here since last 4 years and me going back to my origin country would mean hampering my kid's education and study.
To clarify, you would still need to go home. There is a visa for a parent of such a child, but it's maximum age 11.

https://www.gov.uk/parent-of-a-child-at-school-visa
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.