ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK student visa interview invitation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smithman11
Newly Registered
Mood:

UK student visa interview invitation

Post by smithman11 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:14 pm

Hello,

I would like to mention my brothers case.

My brother works in multinational company in India. Due to some family problems he wants to come to UK for some time. I am his brother, I am a EU family member and a British citizen.

My brother Indian citizen, came to UK on visitor visa in year 2018 for 17 days and year 2020 for 2 and half months.

While he was in the UK, before Brexit deadline date 31 December 2020, he applied for EU extended family member visa, however that visa had been rejected. Home office rejection letter explained that they do not see a valid EU family members entry clearance visa to be eligible to apply for an EU settle status visa, so the application was rejected.

So now recently my brother has applied for a UK student visa for masters degree, (he previously had master degree from India) and after almost a 1 month they invited him for visa interview. He had mentioned in the student visa application about his previous visa rejection.

My concern is will his previous visa rejection can cause any problem in current student visa application process or in visa interview will home office ask why did you apply for settlement visa when you came to UK for a visit. or will they only ask for his intension for the study as he is 40 years old.

Can he say that he was not rightly informed and applied under wrong visa category. Or is there any better reasons he can give in his student visa interview?

I would greatly appreciate your help.
Thank you.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: UK student visa interview invitation

Post by lolo2 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:07 pm

Nobody can predict what the officer will ask, but it's reasonable to think that the interview will be focused in his student visa application.

If asked on previous applications, he only needs to say the same that was included in the application.

There is no age limit for someone to come to the UK to study, as long as they fulfil the other requirements.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:27 am

I think there are several red flags that could be a cause for concern for a caseworker over his credibility as a Student. I assume that his university asked for his immigration history when he requested a CAS, so they must have been happy with his credibility, but the UKVI caseworker may well still have questions.

He should probably ask the university for their guidance.

Issues for credibility for a caseworker may include:

* the previous failed settlement application perhaps show his true intentions -- to settle in the UK where he has family -- and that he is prepared to use any immigration route, however irrelevant, to achieve that
* the fact that he did not subsequently apply for entry clearance under the EUSS, but looked for a different route instead to ahieve the same end
* as you say, his plan is that "he wants to come to UK for some time" because of "some family problems". This undermines his credibility as a genuine student.
* his age. Not in itself, but in the context of his previous educational history, study gap, credible career plans, etc.

More seriously, it may seem to a caseworker that he used deception when applying for the last visitor visa. His intention appears to have been to come to the UK to join family, apply under the EUSS and stay in the UK, not for a genuine short visit.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

smithman11
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by smithman11 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:38 pm

He got student visa next day after interview.

Some of the interview questions are below,

Why you want to study in this university?
Why did you not choose other university?
Is this degree course related to your work experience?
Why did you apply settlement visa previously?
Where you are planing to stay during studies?
How this degree course will benefit your career?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:50 pm

smithman11 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:38 pm
He got student visa next day after interview.

Some of the interview questions are below,

Why you want to study in this university?
Why did you not choose other university?
Is this degree course related to your work experience?
Why did you apply settlement visa previously?
Where you are planing to stay during studies?
How this degree course will benefit your career?
Congratulations to him. Each application treated in its own merit, age and previous immigration history not an encumbrance.