ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Student Visa while married to British Citizen

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kroos1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bahrain

UK Student Visa while married to British Citizen

Post by kroos1987 » Thu May 19, 2022 11:33 am

Hi Everyone,

I have been accepted to a Masters program in the UK for September 2022. My wife is a British Citizen and we both live and work outside the UK. We have been married for over 3 years. My concerns are:

Can my Wife UK Citizenship have any negative bearing on my student visa application?

If my wife moves to the UK with me, can I apply for the spouse visa after completion of my degree?

Many Thanks!

Casa

Re: UK Student Visa while married to British Citizen

Post by Casa » Thu May 19, 2022 12:29 pm

kroos1987 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:33 am
Hi Everyone,

I have been accepted to a Masters program in the UK for September 2022. My wife is a British Citizen and we both live and work outside the UK. We have been married for over 3 years. My concerns are:

Can my Wife UK Citizenship have any negative bearing on my student visa application? No

If my wife moves to the UK with me, can I apply for the spouse visa after completion of my degree? Yes

Many Thanks!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kamoe

Re: UK Student Visa while married to British Citizen

Post by kamoe » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:57 pm

kroos1987 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:33 am
If my wife moves to the UK with me, can I apply for the spouse visa after completion of my degree?
You can apply for the spouse visa from the moment your wife moves with you to the UK, if she meets the requirements; no need to wait for the completion of your degree.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.