ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 4 Visa Maternity leave suspension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

msfrq
Newly Registered
Pakistan

UK Tier 4 Visa Maternity leave suspension

Post by msfrq » Tue May 28, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi All,

I am a student in the UK at tier 4 visa valid till May 2022. I am here with 1 dependant i.e. my husband. I am planning on taking a parenting leave for more than 2 months. I am aware of the fact of re-applying for the visa in case of leave of absence more than 60days. Now my query is if I go back to my country and re-apply the visa,
1. Does my dependent also need to go back with me and do the same or his visa will remain valid here?
2. I believe I'll have to pay for all the visa fees, but do I also need to pay the Health insurance all again?
3. In case I need to pay all again, what about the health insurance myself and husband has paid already?
Please let me know if anyone had been through the same.
I will be very obliged if anyone can answer my query.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: UK Tier 4 Visa Maternity leave suspension

Post by sah10406 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am

msfrq wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:17 pm
1. Does my dependent also need to go back with me and do the same or his visa will remain valid here?
Both your visas will be curtailed. He needs to go back when you do.
msfrq wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:17 pm
2. I believe I'll have to pay for all the visa fees, but do I also need to pay the Health insurance all again?
3. In case I need to pay all again, what about the health insurance myself and husband has paid already?
You pay again, but if this means you have paid twice for the same period, you will get a refund. See https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

msfrq
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by msfrq » Wed May 29, 2019 12:48 pm

Thank you for your kind response. However, upon exploring the mentioned link I still have doubt about the options mentioned there. It says:

You will not get a refund if:
you leave the UK before your visa ends, for example, to make a new application
Just wondering if my situation falls in this category and they consider them two different visas because a new CAS will be issued from the university and a fresh application will be made.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed May 29, 2019 2:10 pm

msfrq wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:48 pm
Just wondering if my situation falls in this category and they consider them two different visas because a new CAS will be issued from the university and a fresh application will be made.
Ah sorry, yes it does. Not because you are making a fresh application, but because you are making a fresh application specifically in your home country, not in the UK.

Sorry for any confusion. I had forgotten that you will be applying outside the UK.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

msfrq
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by msfrq » Wed May 29, 2019 2:59 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:10 pm
msfrq wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:48 pm
Ah sorry, yes it does. Not because you are making a fresh application, but because you are making a fresh application specifically in your home country, not in the UK.

Sorry for any confusion. I had forgotten that you will be applying outside the UK.
No, it's alright. Thank you very much for responding to my queries. Really appreciate that.