ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
Maldv
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 am
Maldives

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Maldv » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:14 am

Oh ok. 😔 Mugatiya do you think that they will refuse this late in time? They would have informed if somerthing was wrong, right?

Mugatiya26
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:54 am
Sri Lanka

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Mugatiya26 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:26 am

Maldv wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:14 am
Oh ok. 😔 Mugatiya do you think that they will refuse this late in time? They would have informed if somerthing was wrong, right?
Yeah, I don't think they'd refuse this late in time. Since you've not received an application not straightforward email or a call for a second interview, im fairly certain that's the verdict is gonna be positive.

j_sheng45
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:38 pm
Singapore

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by j_sheng45 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:28 am

jasminsos wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:32 pm
j_sheng45 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:18 pm
jasminsos wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:22 am
Anyone else experiencing delays in Switzerland?

Applied on the 31st and got the second email like the day after- but its been two weeks and nothing!
I paid for priority and did everything I could, was reassured it would be done in 5 days... classes start this Monday. Really nervous.
applied from geneva priority. 16/9 appointment, received passport last wednesday
Sorry, what do you mean by '16/9'. Like that's day after tomorrow hahah
Did you mean you applied on 16/8?
my mistake, yes you are right. on the 16th of august. Everything was completed within the span of 14 working days (on the dot) with priority. I am not local swiss, Singaporean based here

slimayor123
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:38 pm
Nigeria

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by slimayor123 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:24 am

Please I have been calling ukvi office, was told to enter long number in front of my debit card. After I entered it d call keep dropping. Is dere anything I'm doing wrong. Please I need help on ds asap.

nadiaslsbl
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:31 am
Indonesia

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by nadiaslsbl » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:37 am

slimayor123 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:24 am
Please I have been calling ukvi office, was told to enter long number in front of my debit card. After I entered it d call keep dropping. Is dere anything I'm doing wrong. Please I need help on ds asap.
yes, i had that problem. i just called them 10 minutes ago.. i dial the number and put all info of credit card, then at the end no one answered. it just dropped. i tried calling them 4x. at the fourth they answred.. just keep calling them and my advice is try using skype credit calls

AMS9324
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:54 am
Sri Lanka

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by AMS9324 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:47 am

mjaan wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:07 am
AMS9324 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:01 am
mjaan wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:55 am
AMS9324 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:47 am


Yeahhh I'm waiting from the 7th of July
Have you been chasing your case through university ?
I've contacted the university and they checked the status of the CAS and said it is shown as used so the processing is probably in the latter stage of it
Ah good luck , my CAS still says assigned .
Which country you applying from if you don't mind me asking
I applied from Sri Lanka

Bolivar
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:07 am

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Bolivar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 am

I am still waiting decision :D Now i feel like a crazy because i applied on 17th of July WHY GOD :(

sewanlewan
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:38 pm
Philippines

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by sewanlewan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 am

My timeline from the Philippines

August 15 - Online App
August 18 - Biometrics and Interview
September 1 - ECO email under consideration
September 7 - Email asking for my TB test certificate (even if I already gave it during scanning)
September 8 - Not straightforward

September 14 - Called and is still processing and awaiting a decision...

I give up, I don't understand why it's taking this long. If anyone needs my Skype account, just message me. I have about 6-7 pounds that you can use to call them

danielloso19
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:02 pm
Nigeria

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by danielloso19 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 am

Bolivar wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 am
I am still waiting decision :D Now i feel like a crazy because i applied on 17th of July WHY GOD :(
applied 13 of july got the non-straight forward email on tuesday just like you, uni resumes on monday 18/09/2017.

Maldv
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 am
Maldives

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Maldv » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:56 am

Urgh 😔😔😔 do you think our applications will ever be processed.

Bolivar
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:07 am

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Bolivar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:59 am

danielloso19 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 am
Bolivar wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 am
I am still waiting decision :D Now i feel like a crazy because i applied on 17th of July WHY GOD :(
applied 13 of july got the non-straight forward email on tuesday just like you, uni resumes on monday 18/09/2017.
Hi Daniel i think we've same situation i'm talking my Uni's visa department they dont know anything my Enrollment week is this week between 18-22 and i dont know what should i do and exactly i dont know why we're waiting and again i dont know why they sent this e-mail to us? Is your CAS used or assigned did you ask them? Because mine is still assigned :(

danielloso19
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:02 pm
Nigeria

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by danielloso19 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:32 am

Bolivar wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:59 am
danielloso19 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 am
Bolivar wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 am
I am still waiting decision :D Now i feel like a crazy because i applied on 17th of July WHY GOD :(
applied 13 of july got the non-straight forward email on tuesday just like you, uni resumes on monday 18/09/2017.
Hi Daniel i think we've same situation i'm talking my Uni's visa department they dont know anything my Enrollment week is this week between 18-22 and i dont know what should i do and exactly i dont know why we're waiting and again i dont know why they sent this e-mail to us? Is your CAS used or assigned did you ask them? Because mine is still assigned :(

i just called the embassy again and was told my application is still awaiting decision, tried calling my uni but they havent gotten back to me yet. i am so confused and do not understand anything. school resumes on monday and still nothing has been done

Maldv
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 am
Maldives

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Maldv » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:45 am

@nadiaslsbl what did ukvi say..

nadiaslsbl
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:31 am
Indonesia

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by nadiaslsbl » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:52 am

Maldv wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:45 am
@nadiaslsbl what did ukvi say..
I called, and a women in british accent answered. At first i told her that i've been waiting for 7 weeks and my course is starting in 2 days. She apologised. then she asked when was my biometrics. i told her 27th of july. Then i complained to her about what is causing this problem and how is it fair that people who applied in july-august still havent received their visa. They said that they are aware of this, she told me that they have been over'working, on weekends too. Then she asked for reference number from email. i gave it to her. Then she said that she will escalate it. at the end i told her that. "please mark my case as urgent, don't just keep escalating but i want results". She said "yes, i will mark it as urgent right away". Something like that..

Maldv
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 am
Maldives

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Maldv » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:59 am

@nadiaslsbl but I've had that conversation over two weeks ago nothing changed 😔😔😔😔

nadiaslsbl
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:31 am
Indonesia

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by nadiaslsbl » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:06 am

@Maldv what is your timeline? regular/prio?

farhanalimir
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:00 am
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by farhanalimir » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:11 am

I applied for tier 4 from Karachi on 19th of july and so far I havent heard anything back from UKVI regarding my application. classes are starting on 25th. Have escalated multiple times through call and email. University has contacted their license manager regarding the case and still got the same reply that the decision is pending. I mean this is absolutely unbelievable.

Is it just happening to people in Pakistan who applied in july. Or is the problem global in your opinion? Can we do anything about it. like as a group? if so who do we contact?

My visa timeline is as follows:


Applied for Tier 4 and bio-metrics - 19th July
Acknowledgement received and "Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer" - 27th July

Maldv
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 am
Maldives

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Maldv » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:13 am

Standard application
17th July - biometrics
27th July - confirmation email

No response since then other than that it's awaiting a decision. Escalated once on 14th August and an "urgent" escalation in early September.

Maldv
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 am
Maldives

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Maldv » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:14 am

@farhanalimir it's happening worldwide.

Rathodpr
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:49 pm
India

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Rathodpr » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:04 pm

UKVI owes each and everyone of us an apology and compensation 😔 They have kept our passports for over a month. They are playing with our future. And this doesnt make sense that they are processing in a random order 😔
They should have started working on applications based on the application date and prio of course.

slimayor123
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:38 pm
Nigeria

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by slimayor123 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:07 pm

I just put a call through to ukvi. I was told my case has been decided since three weeks ago. Imagine I've not gotten any SMS or mail from collection centre. The lady dat attended to me was more surprise dan me. She advised me to check collection centre. I will go dere tomorrow morning. I hope it's dere already.

Sushant69
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:42 am
India

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Sushant69 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:10 pm

Got three mails from Sheffield today

1. Apologizing for delay etc.
2. Not a straightforward case
3. Submit Birth certificate

I sent the birth certificate - scanned copy ( did it earlier also at VFS scanning). Looks like another delay. Anyone has such experience. I am now panicking - it took them 2 months to find out something is missing. Biometrics : 17th July, ECO : 27th July, CAS Used : 31st August. Course start : Sept 11th. I think I need divine intervention. Anyone can share similar experience?

Maldv
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 am
Maldives

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Maldv » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:17 pm

@sushant69 well, I think they are working on your case now and you'll get a decision soon. But it is alarming that they took 2 months to realize something was missing. That is just absurd. I still didn't receive anything, not even the not straightforward mail or apologizing for delay. I don't know what to feel about this.

Sushant69
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:42 am
India

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Sushant69 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Maldv wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:17 pm
@sushant69 well, I think they are working on your case now and you'll get a decision soon. But it is alarming that they took 2 months to realize something was missing. That is just absurd. I still didn't receive anything, not even the not straightforward mail or apologizing for delay. I don't know what to feel about this.
@Maldv Thanks. encouraging words. fingers crossed.

sewanlewan
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:38 pm
Philippines

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by sewanlewan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Sushant69 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:10 pm
Got three mails from Sheffield today

1. Apologizing for delay etc.
2. Not a straightforward case
3. Submit Birth certificate

I sent the birth certificate - scanned copy ( did it earlier also at VFS scanning). Looks like another delay. Anyone has such experience. I am now panicking - it took them 2 months to find out something is missing. Biometrics : 17th July, ECO : 27th July, CAS Used : 31st August. Course start : Sept 11th. I think I need divine intervention. Anyone can share similar experience?
I got the same mails last week. I applied on August 18th and they asked me for my TB test certificate last week (Which I already sent like you in VFS scanning). A week later and I haven't received any updates from them yet. What exactly did your email say for submitting your birth certificate? The email I got for my TB test said: "We are in receipt of a Visa Application for the above named person. We have noted that no TB certificate has been provided with the documents submitted by the above named applicant."

Locked
cron