ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
Sushant69
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:42 am
India

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Sushant69 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:30 am

Maldv wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:30 pm
I just called UKVI and they said a decision has been made...
Congrats. Seem like I am stuck badly here.

Desmondang62
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:42 am
Malaysia

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Desmondang62 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 am

My timeline from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (Priority service)

August 16 - Online Application

August 18 - Biometrics and Interview

August 18 - ECO email under consideration

August 29 - Do enquiry about status of visa application which shows under processing

September 7 - Phone call from VFS global asking for redoing biometric

September 14 - Email asking for my TB test certificate (even if I already gave it during scanning)


I have missed my course start date on 11th September and my latest arrival date is 27th Sep. I'm really depressed by the inefficiency of the visa application process.

Maldv
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 am
Maldives

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Maldv » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:02 am

Why have they still not processed the visas of students with 11th September as the course start date. That's absurd..

Maldv
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 am
Maldives

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Maldv » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:03 am

@sushant69 I'm sure yours is on the way. Don't lose hope. They have started working on your case.

123qwerty
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:37 am
Singapore

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by 123qwerty » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:05 am

Desmondang62 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 am
My timeline from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (Priority service)

August 16 - Online Application

August 18 - Biometrics and Interview

August 18 - ECO email under consideration

August 29 - Do enquiry about status of visa application which shows under processing

September 7 - Phone call from VFS global asking for redoing biometric

September 14 - Email asking for my TB test certificate (even if I already gave it during scanning)


I have missed my course start date on 11th September and my latest arrival date is 27th Sep. I'm really depressed by the inefficiency of the visa application process.
I applied from Singapore (priority service) since 14th August (biometrics) and I'm still waiting. I have neither Uni to call nor CAS to check because I'm a dependant. My kids started their first day of primary school without me, my husband is there having to juggle his schedule and two kids. My kids cry every night waiting for me to come home. The HO doesn't care. To them, we're but a number.

Five working days turning out to be a bloody nightmare. I wished I stayed put on my old visa instead of switching to my spouse's.

But I'm pretty sure they're processing yours now, otherwise they wouldn't have asked for additional docs. Hang in there!

As for me, they'll probably do mine after all Tier 4 main applicants are done, priority or not.

Razbi
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:53 am

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Razbi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:09 am

nadiaslsbl wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:55 pm
i think im the only one here whose visa is still under process and cas has not been used. bio:27th july :(
I m here:( waiting simce 24thjuly

Sam1990
Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 am
Nepal

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Sam1990 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:12 am

123qwerty wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:05 am
Desmondang62 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 am
My timeline from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (Priority service)

August 16 - Online Application

August 18 - Biometrics and Interview

August 18 - ECO email under consideration

August 29 - Do enquiry about status of visa application which shows under processing

September 7 - Phone call from VFS global asking for redoing biometric

September 14 - Email asking for my TB test certificate (even if I already gave it during scanning)


I have missed my course start date on 11th September and my latest arrival date is 27th Sep. I'm really depressed by the inefficiency of the visa application process.
I applied from Singapore (priority service) since 14th August (biometrics) and I'm still waiting. I have neither Uni to call nor CAS to check because I'm a dependant. My kids started their first day of primary school without me, my husband is there having to juggle his schedule and two kids. My kids cry every night waiting for me to come home. The HO doesn't care. To them, we're but a number.

Five working days turning out to be a bloody nightmare. I wished I stayed put on my old visa instead of switching to my spouse's.

But I'm pretty sure they're processing yours now, otherwise they wouldn't have asked for additional docs. Hang in there!

As for me, they'll probably do mine after all Tier 4 main applicants are done, priority or not.
Same here..waiting since 26th July..applied as a dependent too.

gayatri
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:39 pm
Spain

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by gayatri » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:14 am

OlgaCC2 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:11 pm
gayatri wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:45 pm
OlgaCC2 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:45 pm
gayatri wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:38 pm


I don't think that should make a difference. All that matters is the country you've applied to isn't responding. I have just tweeted them :)
I just wrote an e-mail to the Embassy. Hope it helps!
Hey, did you get your visa?
Hey, sorry for not updating!

Yes, I got the TLS e-mail to collect my passport this Monday, and yesterday I got it by courier service :D .
How about you?
Yes I got my visa too! I received the decision email on Tuesday and received my passport through courier on Wednesday! Congratulations :D maybe the email to embassy or the tweets worked. Hope you have a lovely time!

Amei
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:56 pm
Pakistan

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Amei » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:59 am

I got my visa today😍.
Wish everyone good luck .

nabeelhussain92
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:51 am

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by nabeelhussain92 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:13 am

Amei wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:59 am
I got my visa today😍.
Wish everyone good luck .
Congratulations.

I see from your earlier posts that your decision was made on 12th September.

Did you get any decision made email from UKVI directly? If yes when?

When did you get the collection message/email?

Maldv
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 am
Maldives

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Maldv » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:54 am

Anyone applied for VFS Colombo here? How long did it take for vfs to mail after decision making?

Maldv
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 am
Maldives

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Maldv » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:55 am

Does anyone have contact number??? Of VFS Colombo

nadiaslsbl
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:31 am
Indonesia

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by nadiaslsbl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:47 am

guys, i just got a call from home office in uk. they interviewed me for 20-30 minutes. What is the purpose of this?

sewanlewan
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:38 pm
Philippines

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by sewanlewan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:51 am

Desmondang62 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 am
My timeline from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (Priority service)

August 16 - Online Application

August 18 - Biometrics and Interview

August 18 - ECO email under consideration

August 29 - Do enquiry about status of visa application which shows under processing

September 7 - Phone call from VFS global asking for redoing biometric

September 14 - Email asking for my TB test certificate (even if I already gave it during scanning)


I have missed my course start date on 11th September and my latest arrival date is 27th Sep. I'm really depressed by the inefficiency of the visa application process.
I have the exact same time line as you except it was standard, same interview date as well. I also received an email last week asking for my TB certificate even if I already submitted it. Have you tried calling them recently and asking about your visa status?

Maldv
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 am
Maldives

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Maldv » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:02 am

@nadiaslsbl what did they ask?

nadiaslsbl
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:31 am
Indonesia

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by nadiaslsbl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:09 am

Maldv wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:02 am
@nadiaslsbl what did they ask?
a lot.... as far as im remember they ask why i chose the uni, the course.. asked about funds, my father's job and income. they asked what i've been doing during visa delay. After the interview i got this email from uni

Dear xxxxxx
I have been informed by our compliance team that you have an interview scheduled for tomorrow 16th September. Please note that there is NOTHING we can do here as a decision will not be made until after the interview.

Please ensure you check your emails so that you don’t miss this important appointment.

but they interviewed me today, not tomorrow.. what does this mean?

mohsinsfc
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:34 am
Pakistan

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by mohsinsfc » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:17 am

My course start date mentioned on CAs was 12/09/2017 but I already had an approval of late arrival from university but I didn't mention it in my visa application? What should I do
Amei wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:55 pm
Hello guys

Well I just made a phone call to UKVI international enquiry and been told that the decision has been made on my application on 12th of September.

My timeline

1st Aug/ biometric & interview
8 Aug/ acknowledgement email
18th Aug/ delay in application
6th September / escalate my application

Now finally decision has been taken on 12th of September with non priority service. My course start date is 25th of September.

I advise everyone to call UKVI rather than an email which take long time to escalate your application and notify your latest arrival date on CAS.

I applied from lahore pakistan. So anyone here who applied from pakistan can assist me how many days it takes who already got their passports back.

Wish a luck to everyone who are still waiting for their Visa.
I hope I'll get my passport soon.

Sam1990
Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 am
Nepal

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Sam1990 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:22 am

nadiaslsbl wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:37 am
slimayor123 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:24 am
Please I have been calling ukvi office, was told to enter long number in front of my debit card. After I entered it d call keep dropping. Is dere anything I'm doing wrong. Please I need help on ds asap.
yes, i had that problem. i just called them 10 minutes ago.. i dial the number and put all info of credit card, then at the end no one answered. it just dropped. i tried calling them 4x. at the fourth they answred.. just keep calling them and my advice is try using skype credit calls
@nadiaslsbl do you still need to provide them your card details while calling them using skype credit?

nadiaslsbl
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:31 am
Indonesia

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by nadiaslsbl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:32 am

Sam1990 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:22 am
nadiaslsbl wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:37 am
slimayor123 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:24 am
Please I have been calling ukvi office, was told to enter long number in front of my debit card. After I entered it d call keep dropping. Is dere anything I'm doing wrong. Please I need help on ds asap.
yes, i had that problem. i just called them 10 minutes ago.. i dial the number and put all info of credit card, then at the end no one answered. it just dropped. i tried calling them 4x. at the fourth they answred.. just keep calling them and my advice is try using skype credit calls
@nadiaslsbl do you still need to provide them your card details while calling them using skype credit?
yes..

Bolivar
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:07 am

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Bolivar » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:03 am

Finally i receive e-mail from TLS this morning they made decision on my case!!!!!! Since 17th July it was horrible. I'm waiting my passport back from consulate does anyone know when it'll come back today or next week?

Locked
cron