ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - Bank Statement Issue Date

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Student123456788
Newly Registered
Egypt

URGENT - Bank Statement Issue Date

Post by Student123456788 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:59 am

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on the website.

I applied for a student visa with priority on 27 August. The decision making centre then contacted me saying additional documents are required. Their exact message was:

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.

Please provide the following documents:

• Bank statements in your name confirming the required level of funds (£37,230) have been held for a 28 day period (dated within 31 days before the date of application) in line with Appendix Finance.
Please send this document as a scanned attachment within 10 working days to: Sheffieldstudentteam.docrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk quoting your application reference in the subject line. Please attach the document directly to the email as we are unable to access links to files hosted on sites such as Dropbox™ or Google Drive™. Please also include a translation of the document provided if it is not in English or Welsh.
Please refer to paragraphs ST 12.3 to ST 12.6 of Immigration Rules Appendix Student for further details.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-student
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-finance

My previous proof of funds didn’t have an opening date so they couldn’t verify the 28 day period. I went to the bank and obtained the correct document that shows the closing and opening date and it’s dated from February to 26 August (the day before I paid for my application which confirms that it’s been there for 28 days and that 28 days is not more than 31 days before I paid for my application). However, it’s printing date is 8 September. Would that be a reason for refusal? I’ve heard conflicting advice and it doesn’t make sense for it to be a reason for refusal since they are essentially assessing whether the funds are present.

Essentially my question is: Would there be grounds for refusal if I satisfied the 28 day requirement before application payment providing that the document was printed after the submission? It was printed as soon as they emailed me.

Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: URGENT - Bank Statement Issue Date

Post by sah10406 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:43 am

Student123456788 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:59 am
Would there be grounds for refusal if I satisfied the 28 day requirement before application payment providing that the document was printed after the submission?
Given that this is what they are asking for, no.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.