ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help regarding the work time on Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wenxinwenxin
Newly Registered
United States of America

Urgent Help regarding the work time on Tier 4

Post by wenxinwenxin » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:06 am

Hi Everyone,

I have a question which I would appreciate your help on.

Last year during COVID, I decided to pursue a postgraduate study from work, switching from Tier 2 to Tier 4.

However, the visa application process was largely disrupted by the COVID. I didn't receive my tier 4 visa until mid-September where the school already started in mid-August. I was advised that I can retain my rights to work while waiting for the tier 4 visa application decisions.

Once I received the final approval on tier 4 in mid-September, I gave the notice to my employer but the notice period was a minimum of 4 weeks which led to my last day to leave work mid-october. Hence, I wonder the one-month full-time status overlapping with my Tier 4 visa will cause any issues (nothing heard from the home office so far).

Best regards
Vicky

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent Help regarding the work time on Tier 4

Post by sah10406 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:58 am

wenxinwenxin wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:06 am
Hence, I wonder the one-month full-time status overlapping with my Tier 4 visa will cause any issues (nothing heard from the home office so far).
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

wenxinwenxin
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by wenxinwenxin » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:22 am

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:58 am
wenxinwenxin wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:06 am
Hence, I wonder the one-month full-time status overlapping with my Tier 4 visa will cause any issues (nothing heard from the home office so far).
No.
Thanks! should I see help from a lawyer

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:39 am

wenxinwenxin wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:22 am
should I see help from a lawyer
For what?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

wenxinwenxin
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by wenxinwenxin » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:42 am

But The Tier 4 does say that you are not allowed for any permanent full time job during term time. I was not full time but it was a permanent role. My four weeks notice period from my previous permeated job happened during the Tier 4…

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:20 am

The specific wording is that you are not allowed to "work in a position that would fill a full-time permanent vacancy". Hence it is about starting a new job, not finishing an old job that you have quit.

See Appendix Student paragraph ST 26.5;
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-student

If you are still concerned that it is illegal working, and you do not want to be seen as lying about it in a future application, you can always declare and explain it in the new application if you wish. It would be disregarded.