ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa expired and PSW decision pending , Overstayer?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gurleenguller
Newly Registered
India

Visa expired and PSW decision pending , Overstayer?

Post by Gurleenguller » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:54 pm

Hi All,

I am stuck in a bad situation, My Tier 4 Visa expired on 10th Feb and I made a PSW application before that date on the basis of PG Diploma certificate from my college and I am not sure If I will be awarded PSW visa. Although I have no correspondence from my college to leave the country and my visa appointment is 12 April, I have got 3 questions if anyone could please help asap:

1. Do I still meet Psw eligibility? If no, will I fall in the category of overstayer?
2. Do you think I should cancel my application or wait for the rejection?
3. If I am an overstayer/or not in this case or if my psw application is rejected, will this affect my next masters visa application(tier 4).immigration file in Sept even if I explain my circumstances and decide to re-enter.

vinny

Re: Visa expired and PSW decision pending , Overstayer?

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:14 am

If you made a valid in-time application, then your leave is treated as continuing under Section 3C.

If you cancel the application, then you will definitely become an overstayer upon cancellation.

If you applied under the Graduate route, then check the relevant Rules and Guidance for eligibility, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.