ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for giving PLAB Exam

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahjeev
India

Visa for giving PLAB Exam

Post by shahjeev » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:24 am

Hi Moderators,

Need your kind help to understand the following:

My cousin a Doctor in India wants to come to UK and give a PLAB-2 exam on 14th March 2022.

Can you please advise which exact visa category can he come on? and how long will the validity of that visa will be?

Thank you.
Shahjeev

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Visa for giving PLAB Exam

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:24 am

shahjeev wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:24 am
Hi Moderators,

Need your kind help to understand the following:

My cousin a Doctor in India wants to come to UK and give a PLAB-2 exam on 14th March 2022.

Can you please advise which exact visa category can he come on? and how long will the validity of that visa will be?

Thank you.
Shahjeev
Presume you meant 14th March 2023.
This will be on Standard Visitor Visa as student visitor visa category does not exist again.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Visa for giving PLAB Exam

Post by sah10406 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:56 am

shahjeev wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:24 am
and how long will the validity of that visa will be?
A Standard Visitor visa is always issued for 6 months. However, your stated planned visit is highly likely to be very much shorter than that, and that is the length of visit you should stick to. If you say you are coming for a week, then stay for six months, that is pretty much textbook deception.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.