ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Whether to disclose HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) £100 penalty for late filing of Tax return

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nikhiljoshi07
Newly Registered

Whether to disclose HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) £100 penalty for late filing of Tax return

Post by nikhiljoshi07 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:43 pm

Hi,

I am switching from Tier 2 ICT visa to Student visa within UK and applying for student visa. I had received a £100 penalty from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) for late filing my Tax return last month. Should i disclose information of this penalty under 'A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty' of the Convictions and other penalties section of the visa application ?

I have duly filed my tax return and have no tax dues with HMRC. I have even appealed against the penalty notice as i had not received a notice to file tax return prior to send me the penalty notice.

Will disclosing this information impact the visa decision in a negative manner?

vinny

Re: Whether to disclose HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) £100 penalty for late filing of Tax return

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:04 am

I think disclosing would probably have no impact. Not disclosing may have a negative impact.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nikhiljoshi07
Newly Registered

Re: Whether to disclose HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) £100 penalty for late filing of Tax return

Post by nikhiljoshi07 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:24 am

Thank you. I do think it is better to disclose.