ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will my application be refused

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

egoneo

will my application be refused

Post by egoneo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi guys,

so i submitted my application for tier4 student a couple weeks ago and my current visa ( from the old system got in 2007) expires on 30th November. I've been in this country for over 13 and a half years with one break (back in 2003 was 10 days late due to my school sending my applicaiton late, i was under-age at the time). I'm doing another masters having just finished studying an undergrad at Cambridge

Basically i submitted my application with my bank statement showing around £500 for 30 days or so. Will this just be outright refused or will they take into account the fact ive been here for so long? My parents pay my tuition fees and maintenance cost, but they pay it into my account monthly so i dont have a £5400 or whatever amount to show. I do however have a letter saying they will sponsor me for the time here

Post by 2012 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Have u heard about 10 years long residency category, i just wonder.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:18 pm

2012 wrote:Have u heard about 10 years long residency category, i just wonder.
"back in 2003 was 10 days late due to my school sending my applicaiton late, i was under-age at the time"

the 10 years residency can't have any breaks, and i have one so under this i would be eligible in 2013. however i can apply for the 14 year one next year. But until then i need a student visa

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: will my application be refused

Post by Greenie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:29 pm

egoneo wrote:Hi guys,

so i submitted my application for tier4 student a couple weeks ago and my current visa ( from the old system got in 2007) expires on 30th November. I've been in this country for over 13 and a half years with one break (back in 2003 was 10 days late due to my school sending my applicaiton late, i was under-age at the time). I'm doing another masters having just finished studying an undergrad at Cambridge

Basically i submitted my application with my bank statement showing around £500 for 30 days or so. Will this just be outright refused or will they take into account the fact ive been here for so long? My parents pay my tuition fees and maintenance cost, but they pay it into my account monthly so i dont have a £5400 or whatever amount to show. I do however have a letter saying they will sponsor me for the time here
have you already paid your fees? If not how much do you owe?

are you studying in inner londer or outer london/outside of london?

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Greenie wrote:

Ive paid about 60% of my fees. its setup to be paid in two installments with the first at least 50% and the second by the end of january. I also included a receipt with a stamp from my uni saying that ive paid half the fees already

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:45 pm

oh and im studying in inner london

Post by 2012 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:55 am

egoneo wrote:
2012 wrote:Have u heard about 10 years long residency category, i just wonder.
"back in 2003 was 10 days late due to my school sending my applicaiton late, i was under-age at the time"

the 10 years residency can't have any breaks, and i have one so under this i would be eligible in 2013. however i can apply for the 14 year one next year. But until then i need a student visa
1. Under 10 years category 1 break (not exceeding 10 days) is normally considered fine according to the long residence guidence and the caseworker will use discretion in this case.
2. However, if you have more than 10 days break then discretion would not be appropriate to use.
3. You can apply under 10 years if u have 1 break which does not exceed 10 days according to the long residence guidance.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:07 am

egoneo wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Ive paid about 60% of my fees. its setup to be paid in two installments with the first at least 50% and the second by the end of january. I also included a receipt with a stamp from my uni saying that ive paid half the fees already
if you didn't have the funds to show you met the rules (your remaining fees and living costs - assuming you have est presence, £1600) then your application will be refused. The fact that you have been here for 13 years is irrelevent to them.

Have your parents had the money for 28 days? do you have your birth certitficate/their bank statements?

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Greenie wrote:
egoneo wrote:
Greenie wrote:

if you didn't have the funds to show you met the rules (your remaining fees and living costs - assuming you have est presence, £1600) then your application will be refused. The fact that you have been here for 13 years is irrelevent to them.

Have your parents had the money for 28 days? do you have your birth certitficate/their bank statements?
thing is i live at home so i don't pay rent or anything; i don't understand why they need me to show i have £800 for every month i'm here? that's a bit excessive i don't spend that much every month. I included my birth certificate along with a letter from my sponsor ( my dad) saying he's responsible for paying all the fees and maintenance and has done so for the past 13 years. He works in Nigeria so he transfers all the money directly from his account there to uni. Its too late now but im sure i could get a bank statement from one of my dads account in london though im not sure if it would even have that amount.

i already tried applying for an indefinite leave back in 2008, i went with my twin brother to get it in person. We've been here exactly the same amount of time. It was quite funny really the person gave him his passport first and said youve got it and then said to me youve been refused. My school was actually late by 13 days now i remember and its 10 days that they use that discretion. Needless to say in the end i was refused. Ive tried everything under the sun to get them to see reason particularly as i was a minor at the time, but they dont care really.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Well you don't need £800 for each month, you only need £800 for 2 months if you have established presence as a student in the UK. (you applied in time and have completed a course that was at least 6 months long in your last period of leave as a student/tier 4 migrant. It is a points based system the therefore they don't take into account the fact that you spend less than £800 per month.

Unless you can show that you or your parents had the remaining fees + £1600 for 28 days ending no more than a month before you made your application, it will be refused. The alternative is your dad could pay the rest of the fees now and ask your tier 4 sponsor to update your CAS, and you could provide a statement (from before you made your application) to show he also had the £1600 however you may still be refused if they realise the fees were paid after the application was made and you didn't have evidence of the funds at the date of the application.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Greenie wrote:Well you don't need £800 for each month, you only need £800 for 2 months if you have established presence as a student in the UK. (you applied in time and have completed a course that was at least 6 months long in your last period of leave as a student/tier 4 migrant. It is a points based system the therefore they don't take into account the fact that you spend less than £800 per month.

Unless you can show that you or your parents had the remaining fees + £1600 for 28 days ending no more than a month before you made your application, it will be refused. The alternative is your dad could pay the rest of the fees now and ask your tier 4 sponsor to update your CAS, and you could provide a statement (from before you made your application) to show he also had the £1600 however you may still be refused if they realise the fees were paid after the application was made and you didn't have evidence of the funds at the date of the application.
ok so im just trying to prepare for the worst case. If my application gets refused will i get refunded and can i reapply with the right documents? or will they ask me for more information on money/statements etc?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:24 pm

No you won't get a refund.

You can reapply but only once your section 3C leave expires, and hence you will have to apply as an overstayer. If you apply as an overstayer you can't rely on the established presence rule and will therefore need to show £800 for each month of the course up to a maximum of 9 months, plus what ever you owe fees, for 28 days.

They may ask for further info but they may not and why wait for them to do this? If you can provide evidence to show you met the rules on the date of the application then send it.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:26 pm

Greenie wrote:No you won't get a refund.

You can reapply but only once your section 3C leave expires, and hence you will have to apply as an overstayer. If you apply as an overstayer you can't rely on the established presence rule and will therefore need to show £800 for each month of the course up to a maximum of 9 months, plus what ever you owe fees, for 28 days.

They may ask for further info but they may not and why wait for them to do this? If you can provide evidence to show you met the rules on the date of the application then send it.
ok so i can send additional information to them now? its not to late?