ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working conditions error on Dependent BRP

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

munnu1926
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Working conditions error on Dependent BRP

Post by munnu1926 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:04 am

Hi
I am PhD student. In July I got extension to complete my Thesis work and successfully got visa but my husband got his BRP card with wrong working conditions as NO WORK, NO ENGAGE IN BUSINESS. We applied the admin review on 30th July but didn't get any response from UKVI.

Can anyone please tell me how long it will take or is he allowed to to work for the time being??
Till now his work is on hold but cannot extend more. Or he will give resignation.

Please advice.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Working conditions error on Dependent BRP

Post by manci » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:27 am

Does perhaps the following apply to your husband?

Period and conditions of grant for a dependent partner or dependent child of a Student

ST 39.3. The grant will be subject to all the following conditions:
(a) no access to public funds; and
(b) work (including self-employment and voluntary work) is permitted except:
(i) where the dependant meets the requirement at ST 31.1.(d) and the Student has been granted less than 9 months’ permission, unless that is to continue a course of study where they had previously been granted at least 9 months’ permission;
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

munnu1926
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by munnu1926 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:22 pm

Yes, we meet all the required conditions. It's a continuing course. My batch mates got their BRP cards without any error. We confirmed that it's a completely caseworker error.

36 days of admin review and no response.
Can he continue his work while waiting?
Please advise.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:37 pm

munnu1926 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:22 pm
Can he continue his work while waiting?
If your husband met all the conditions for requesting an administrative review described here:
https://www.gov.uk/ask-for-a-visa-admin ... -in-the-uk
and his leave immediately preceding his recent application for a new leave allowed him to work then the conditions of that leave, incl. the right to work, continue whilst the AR is pending. This is under section 3C(2)(d)(ii) of the Immigration Act 1971
munnu1926 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:22 pm
36 days of admin review and no response.
The HO say that you'll you’ll "usually" receive the result of the administrative review within 28 days. Suggest you enquire about the status of the AR by sending the HO an email to the address given in the link above

munnu1926
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by munnu1926 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:36 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I will send email to HO and will share the update.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:08 pm

munnu1926 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:36 pm
I will send email to HO
Remember to include in the email name, date of birth, nationality and either the administrative review payment reference number or the Home Office reference number.

munnu1926
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by munnu1926 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:09 pm

Hi,
I am again here just to update that i got mail from UKVI on last Monday that it was an error and they will send new BRP card soon. Before sending any query mail i got response. They took exact 38 days.
Thanks for your help and advice. :)

SundeepKumarK
Newly Registered
India

Post by SundeepKumarK » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:24 am

Hi.. I am facing same issue. Can you please give me emAIL id to contact the Home office to get it rectified?

Cheung1
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Cheung1 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:39 am

Hi, we have the same issue - I applied for AR early October but haven't received the result yet. Does anyone know what shall I do? thx in advance

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:14 pm

the email address for AR enquiries
admin.review.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
Include in the email name, date of birth, nationality and either the administrative review payment reference number or the Home Office reference number.

devbistt
Newly Registered

Post by devbistt » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:12 pm

munnu1926 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:04 am
Hi
I am PhD student. In July I got extension to complete my Thesis work and successfully got visa but my husband got his BRP card with wrong working conditions as NO WORK, NO ENGAGE IN BUSINESS. We applied the admin review on 30th July but didn't get any response from UKVI.

Can anyone please tell me how long it will take or is he allowed to to work for the time being??
Till now his work is on hold but cannot extend more. Or he will give resignation.

Please advice.
Hi @munnu1926 , Can you please advise if your husband was able to continue working during this period ? I am facing the same issue, I have been working in UK since 2019 but the new dependant BRP card has incorrect working conditions.