ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Student visa from PBS dependent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Switching to Student visa from PBS dependent

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:42 am

Hi Gurus, my friend is living in the UK on tier 2 ICT visa for the past 5 years. His company is not willing to switch him to Skilled worker general visa.

Is it a possibility to enrol his wife in a college and apply for student visa and then he can switch as her dependent? She has graduated from college in 2007 in India.
  • Is there a english language requirement? Her Undergrad degree was taught in English. If an english language requirement is there can a NARIC certificate be used or she has to write IELTS.
  • they have been living in the UK for 5 years? Would the international fees apply or the 9K max per year that is for UK residents.
Many thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Switching to Student visa from PBS dependent

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:59 am

rubyracer2 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:42 am
  • Is there a english language requirement? Her Undergrad degree was taught in English. If an english language requirement is there can a NARIC certificate be used or she has to write IELTS.
These are questions for the university.
rubyracer2 wrote:
  • they have been living in the UK for 5 years? Would the international fees apply or the 9K max per year that is for UK residents.
She would be pay the Overseas rate, note Home.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Re: Switching to Student visa from PBS dependent

Post by rubyracer2 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:11 am

Th
sah10406 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:59 am
rubyracer2 wrote:
These are questions for the university.
rubyracer2 wrote:
She would be pay the Overseas rate, note Home.
Thanks for the reply. I'll let her know :D