ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Administrative review successful - timeline?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Frustratedg
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Administrative review successful - timeline?

Post by Frustratedg » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:02 am

Hi there,

I am hoping someone can assist me with a timeline query.

I applied for a tier 5 YMS visa back in September last year from New Zealand. My visa was initially declined because I ‘hadn’t shown enough evidence of supporting funds’.

I knew this was a mistake because I was 100% sure that I had submitted everything that they asked for so I then asked for an administrative review in early November.

I received a response back in mid-December (5 weeks later) saying that they had made a mistake and that my visa was now approved. They then asked me to send in my passport to the VFS office in Sydney to have my entry clearance put in (I assume because they can’t offer this service in NZ it had to go to Sydney).

Anyway it arrived in the Sydney office on January 3rd and is still there (as far as I know). My partner and I had flights out of NZ on January 30th which we have had to push back twice now.

I have contacted the uk immigration phone number and email several times and they have been unable to tell me anything other than ‘there is no timeline for this particular situation after an administrative review has been successful’.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and if so how long was it before their passport was returned?

Cheers