ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application delay following Withdrawal of previous application

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DronesF
Newly Registered
Italy

Application delay following Withdrawal of previous application

Post by DronesF » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:27 pm

Hello there,

I am an EU citizen working in London this summer.

I applied for a UK Tier 5 Visa with sponsorship but then changed employer. So I had to withdraw that application and send a new one completely identical, but for the Employer's name.

2 weeks after the withdrawal, my old (withdrawn) visa got approved and I am able (still now) to generate share codes based on the Visa application I have previously withdrawn. I even tried to flag this to the UK Visa offices via their phone number, but so far nothing changed.

I came to know via my sponsor that my proper visa application has been processed and they could not approve it as their system shows the old application (supposed to be withdrawn) still there.

The sponsor sent them the withdrawal certificate and here I am still waiting. This is supposed to be the 6th week after the application was sent.

Do you have any idea of the timing they usually need to process these kinds of issues? Is it normal they are taking so long to process a withdrawal? Can I do something else besides waiting?

Thanks much!