ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for the T5 Youth Mobility Scheme with a temporary passport?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CourteneyJL
Newly Registered
Wales

Applying for the T5 Youth Mobility Scheme with a temporary passport?

Post by CourteneyJL » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:26 pm

Can you use a temporary passport number to apply for the ballot of a T5 YMS visa?

Basically, my boyfriend has lost his passport and may currently only has a temporary passport. It seems like he will have to use the passport number on it as a real full passport could take too long to arrive.

The ballot for the YMS visa requires a passport number as well as only his name, age and phone number. He has a passport number on his temporary one but it expires after a year. Could he use this number as I assume it’s just to check his identity rather than for travel purposes. He will apply for a real passport as soon as it’s possible. But for now could be use it be temporary one in the ballot application?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for the T5 Youth Mobility Scheme with a temporary passport?

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:12 am

The ballot is organised locally, and only four countries do it by ballot. The requirements just say "passport number", so there is no indication that a temporary passport will not be acceptable.

If he is concerned, he needs to check directly with his local VAC.

Details: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/youth-mobil ... lot-system
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.