ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for tier 5 Youth Mobility outside Home Country

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shaanmark
Newly Registered

Applying for tier 5 Youth Mobility outside Home Country

Post by shaanmark » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:10 pm

I'm currently in UK on a EEA Family Permit which expires on 30th October 2015. I've just landed in the UK last week, so running out of time to gather evidence to apply for a residence card (can't even open a bank account with less than 30 days left in Visa). Me and my partner been away in Central America for 6 months- in hindsight should of come here and sorted residence card!

I'm a New Zealand citizen, can I go to a nearby country and apply for the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa? I don't want to fly all the way to NZ just to apply for this visa. I know I can't apply for this in the UK.

For example- can I visit France for 2 weeks, apply for my visa, send off passport, have it returned to a French address then re enter the UK with a new two year youth Mobility visa?

Thanks

Casa

Re: Applying for tier 5 Youth Mobility outside Home Country

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:34 pm

You can only apply for your Tier-5 Youth Mobility visa from your home country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Applying for a residence card is not mandatory. You can stay in the UK after the expiry of your EEA family permit provided your partner is exercising treaty rights.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:58 pm

It's necessary for extended family members who wishes to demonstrate the right to work, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shaanmark
Newly Registered

Post by shaanmark » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:42 pm

Casa wrote:You can only apply for your Tier-5 Youth Mobility visa from your home country.
I've been on the phone to paid immigration advisors today and I may be able to go to France to apply for a tier 5 youth mobility visa. They are going to get back to me within 3-4 days, but I've been advised to apply online so it's all ready to go.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:20 pm

shaanmark wrote:
Casa wrote:You can only apply for your Tier-5 Youth Mobility visa from your home country.
I've been on the phone to paid immigration advisors today and I may be able to go to France to apply for a tier 5 youth mobility visa. They are going to get back to me within 3-4 days, but I've been advised to apply online so it's all ready to go.
I hope you haven't paid for the advice given so far. Courtesy of WorkGateways:
I am travelling overseas before I enter the UK — can I apply for my visa in another country?
You can apply for the Youth Mobility program from your home country or from a country where you are staying in at the time of application, however you need to have permission to be in that country for longer than 6 months. The British Entry Clearance Post in that country must also be authorised to process Youth Mobility applications.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shaanmark
Newly Registered

Post by shaanmark » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:45 pm

Casa wrote:
shaanmark wrote:
I hope you haven't paid for the advice given so far. Courtesy of WorkGateways:
I am travelling overseas before I enter the UK — can I apply for my visa in another country?
You can apply for the Youth Mobility program from your home country or from a country where you are staying in at the time of application, however you need to have permission to be in that country for longer than 6 months. The British Entry Clearance Post in that country must also be authorised to process Youth Mobility applications.
Thanks for your reply. I have a current EEA Family Permit that gives clearance for 6 months exactly. So technically I will be cleared to enter France on my EEA Family Permit, and the Family Permit visa allows me to be in that country for 6 months. Do you think this will suffice?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:31 pm

You are required to have permission to reside in France for more than 6 months. I assume this is to prohibit anyone who is resident solely as a visitor from applying. You would also have to check whether the British Entry Clearance Post in France is authorised to process Youth Mobility applications. As French citizens are not able to take advantage of the YMS route, it's doubtful whether the Post would be authorised.
(Casa, not CR001)

shaanmark
Newly Registered

Post by shaanmark » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Casa wrote:You are required to have permission to reside in France for more than 6 months. I assume this is to prohibit anyone who is resident solely as a visitor from applying. You would also have to check whether the British Entry Clearance Post in France is authorised to process Youth Mobility applications. As French citizens are not able to take advantage of the YMS route, it's doubtful whether the Post would be authorised.
You're completely right, thanks for input. I'm at a bit of a cross roads- think I'll have to fly home to NZ to get the youth mobility visa. I can eligible to apply for a residence card but it seems they taking a full six months to reply without any guarantee. Thanks for your help.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:58 pm

Sorry I couldn't be more optimistic.
(Casa, not CR001)

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:55 pm

shaanmark wrote:[ I can eligible to apply for a residence card but it seems they taking a full six months to reply without any guarantee.
if you are eligible for a residence card, and apply, you should get a CoA without too much delay.