Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Australian Applying Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) in Hong Kong

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:29 pm

Australian Applying Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) in Hong Kong

Post by pnyw » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:45 pm

I'm an Australian and Hong Kong citizen and now studying in the UK. I am looking to apply for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa so I can re-enter the UK and work after my Tier 4 visa expired. I'm wondering whether I can apply the visa with my Australian passport in Hong Kong or not or do I have to go back to my home country? (Hong Kong citizens need a certificate of sponsor to apply while Australian don't which is easier. And I don't want to travel all the way back...)

Has anyone had any experience with this?

I saw one of the forum post saying that I can uk-tier-5-temporary-work-visas/applying ... 95802.html, given by the information provided on WorkGateways: ... owandwhen
I am travelling overseas before I enter the UK — can I apply for my visa in another country?
You can apply for the Youth Mobility program from your home country or from a country where you are staying in at the time of application, however you need to have permission to be in that country for longer than 6 months. The British Entry Clearance Post in that country must also be authorised to process Youth Mobility applications.

The website was last updated in 14/3/2019 which is today so the information should be valid still? Or am I wrong?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
Posts: 3228
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Australian Applying Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) in Hong Kong

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:52 am

As a Hong Kong resident using your Australian nationality you can apply from Hong Kong.