ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australian Travelling to Republic Of Ireland before UK Tier 5

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jack-Package
Newly Registered
Australia

Australian Travelling to Republic Of Ireland before UK Tier 5

Post by Jack-Package » Wed May 29, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi! First time poster here, I've been studying a lot of the post's as my partner and I have been planning our big move to the UK. We were actually thinking of going to Ireland on their Working Holiday Authorisation for 6 months before starting our Tier 5 Mobility Visa. I have a question which I hope someone may be able to help us with, I can't seem to find an accurate answer to this. We're both from Australia, Australian passports and born here, are we able to apply for a Tier 5 Visa whilst in Dublin?

We're most likely going to be in Dublin for 6 months plus some Euro travel, but since you can only apply for the Tier 5 within 6 month's we won't be in Australia in this time frame.
Please correct me or let me know if this isn't the place to ask this sort of question, i'm just hoping to find out more information about applying for the Visa whilst not in my own country, or be pointed in the right direction.

Thank you in advance! =)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Australian Travelling to Republic Of Ireland before UK Tier 5

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:36 am

Jack-Package wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:15 pm
We're both from Australia, Australian passports and born here, are we able to apply for a Tier 5 Visa whilst in Dublin?
Yes, if you are living there. See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... pply-ecb05
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.