ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canadian trying to enter Uk from Australia. Please help!

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lalabala
Newly Registered
Mood:

Canadian trying to enter Uk from Australia. Please help!

Post by lalabala » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:12 am

Hello, me (Scottish) and my boyfriend (Canadian) are planning on travelling to the Uk in the next month or so.. but are finding it really difficult to get some questions answered.

1. Is my boyfriend able to enter the Uk at the moment (due to Covid)? I can't see anywhere saying theres restrictions but I also couldn't find anything in stone confirming that he'll still be able to enter.

2. If yes, is he able to enter without a visa, and be granted the 6 month visitor status when he arrives?

3. Is he able to apply for the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) while in the Uk or would he need to leave the country and then apply?

Any answers would be massively helpful. We're so stuck on how to get these questions answered, he sent an e-mail to immigration (£5.00 email) and they just linked him back to their website that doesn't have any of the answers.
Thank you!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Canadian trying to enter Uk from Australia. Please help!

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:45 am

1. Is my boyfriend able to enter the Uk at the moment (due to Covid)? I can't see anywhere saying theres restrictions but I also couldn't find anything in stone confirming that he'll still be able to enter.

No restriction.
2. If yes, is he able to enter without a visa, and be granted the 6 month visitor status when he arrives?
That would be what is normally issued if the person satisfies the IO that they are a genuine visitor, which he doesn't appear to be.
3. Is he able to apply for the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) while in the Uk or would he need to leave the country and then apply?
No, he would have to return to Canada to apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:43 pm

lalabala wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:12 am
Hello, me (Scottish) and my boyfriend (Canadian) are planning on travelling to the Uk in the next month or so.. but are finding it really difficult to get some questions answered.

Any answers would be massively helpful. We're so stuck on how to get these questions answered, he sent an e-mail to immigration (£5.00 email) and they just linked him back to their website that doesn't have any of the answers.
Thank you!!
What's his immigration status in Australia?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:45 am
No, he would have to return to Canada to apply.
Or Australia, or any other country, if he normally lives there.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.