ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of T5 Musician's Visa

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sonya2011
Newly Registered

Change of T5 Musician's Visa

Post by Sonya2011 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:46 am

I am a British citizen and my husband is an Indian national. We've been married 5 years, but I have been living out of the UK since 1999. He's a musician and has been asked to perform in the UK. If he gets a T5 visa, can this be changed to a settlement visa if we wanted to stay?

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:39 am

No. Read through the Tier-5 Creative and sporting category:
"switching is not allowed in or out of the creative and sporting working category"
Also:
Before you apply under the creative and sporting worker category, you must have: Sponsor in this case = employer
a sponsor; and
a valid certificate of sponsorship.

This category allows 12 months stay in the UK with an extension bring it up to a total of 24 months. The extension has to be with the same employer. With no switching allowed bear in mind that if he chooses to take the T5 route he will re-set the clock when he has to leave to apply for Spouse outside of the UK when his visa expires. This will mean a longer wait for permanent residency (ILR).

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Mon May 09, 2011 4:04 pm

Tier 5 (creative & sporting) is usually very short-term. If he had 1 gig he'd usually get a Certificate of Sponsorship for a week or so. It's used for touring musicians predominantly.

Sonya2011
Newly Registered

Post by Sonya2011 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:28 pm

Thanks both of you for all your help.