ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Girlfriend is pregnant on a YMS (youth mobility scheme) tier 5 visa from Canada, what can/can't we do?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LSTMcC3301
Newly Registered
Mood:

Girlfriend is pregnant on a YMS (youth mobility scheme) tier 5 visa from Canada, what can/can't we do?

Post by LSTMcC3301 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:10 pm

My girlfriend is currently in the UK, 1 month into her 2 year YMS visa, and has fallen pregnant. We can't seen to find much information on hat we can/can't do about this. We want to have the baby here as I am in work and can support my girlfriend and the baby. We do not want to be separated during this stressful time.
Can anyone help with our questions or is anyone else been in a similar situation? Our main queries are;

Will her visa be void (removed from country) if she is found to be pregnant?

Will she be fully covered by NHS for her pregnancy care? (she has paid the surcharge, but we have read that she may need to have been here for 12month, is this true?? she has only been here 1 month)

Can she leave the country and re-enter on this visa while pregnant?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Girlfriend is pregnant on a YMS (youth mobility scheme) tier 5 visa from Canada, what can/can't we do?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:33 pm

Will her visa be void (removed from country) if she is found to be pregnant?
Unlikely.
Will she be fully covered by NHS for her pregnancy care? (she has paid the surcharge, but we have read that she may need to have been here for 12month, is this true?? she has only been here 1 month)
Yes she is covered by the NHS. Where exactly did you read the 12 month restriction??
Can she leave the country and re-enter on this visa while pregnant?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ludhika
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Girlfriend is pregnant on a YMS (youth mobility scheme) tier 5 visa from Canada, what can/can't we do?

Post by Ludhika » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:19 am

Hello,

Have you figured out something else? Her visa etc..
I've tried to pm you, but didn't work. PM me if you can. :)

Cheers,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:46 am

Ludhika wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:19 am
Hello,

Have you figured out something else? Her visa etc..
I've tried to pm you, but didn't work. PM me if you can. :)

Cheers,
As a new user, you don't have access to the privilege of PM and neither does the other user. Post in public if you have any advice so that all may benefit.

If you have a specific situation you need advice on, please start your own topic with your circumstances and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.