ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Government authorised exchange refusal

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

walaa ghazy
Newly Registered

Government authorised exchange refusal

Post by walaa ghazy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:18 pm

I have been here in UK as a PhD visiting student for more than one year. My previous visa was a student visa. when I wanted to apply for extending my visa from UK, the university adviced me to apply under tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) .

Now my visa was refused because I can't apply under this category while I had a student visa which is expired now.

I really need your help in answering these questions:

Can I apply for a Student visa now?
If I'm going to appeal, is it enough to say that it was the university advice and I didn't know that I'm not eligible to apply under this category?
If I want to go home voluntarily how much time do I have?
What shall I do so I'll not face any problems in the airport?

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:32 pm

If your old visa has now expired leave within 28 days of the refusal to avoid problems either on the way out or in future.

walaa ghazy
Newly Registered

Post by walaa ghazy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Thank you for replying to my post.

Yes, my old visa is expired. What about the appeal, Can I use this option?

walaa ghazy
Newly Registered

Post by walaa ghazy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:28 am

Thank you very much for answering my question. Now I really need your advice about my current situation because the university administration stuff advicing me to apply for Tier 4 Student Visa and they registered me as a student and provided me with the CAS and they told me that I can apply for a fresh visa within 28 days from the expire date of my visa while my refusal letter says that if I want to apply a fresh application my visa must be valid.

I really don't know what to do and I don't want to waste my chances to appeal the first application decision by applying a fresh application which will be returned to me.

I'm waiting for your reply.

Many thanks in advance

mackcuthbert
Newly Registered

Post by mackcuthbert » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:58 am

That is a problem that many people have to face. To convert the student visa to the Tier 5. In this case it would be better if you consult some agency about this, so that they would be able to help you out better and sort out any problems in the proceedings. Also take care that you take a visit at the embassy so that you can have a brief idea that you could do to have your stay prolonged.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:05 pm

If you appeal on the grounds you stated it is likely to be dismissed.