ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP! CAD to UK - Youth mobility visa - Maintenance funds fall slightly below MINIMUM - QUESTION

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

islagip
Newly Registered
Canada

HELP! CAD to UK - Youth mobility visa - Maintenance funds fall slightly below MINIMUM - QUESTION

Post by islagip » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:22 pm

Hi everybody - wanted some insight on my situation.

Essentially, I got offered a job in the UK to start Dec 1 unexpectedly, and am now scrambling to organize things. I've previously worked in the UK and was sponsored, but had to come back to Canada, so now I'd be getting the Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa. I have the 4000GBP in my funds at the moment, but I only moved the funds and went over the 2530 threshold today. In the previous days, it hovered around 2400-2500GBP, which is slightly under the threshold.

Should I start counting 28 days today and just get a 1 day super priority visa around Nov 20? Or is it possible for me to apply earlier as the account did have 2400-2500GBP which is around the minimum but not quite? Would they refuse me just because a few days out of 28 days shows 2400, just a bit below the 2500? Should I apply and take a chance? I'm thinking because I have a job offer, it should be enough proof of funds, but not sure. I just want to apply as soon as possible given the tight timeline of the company.

Or instead of bank statements, should I do a letter from the bank with an ending and closing balance instead? All opinions would be appreciated! Thank you!

islagip
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: HELP! CAD to UK - Youth mobility visa - Maintenance funds fall slightly below MINIMUM - QUESTION

Post by islagip » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:11 pm

TLDR - to phrase the question better:

Should I start counting 28 days today and just get a 1 day super priority visa? Or should I take my chances and apply though I have a few days where the closing balance is 2500 and NOT 2530, (30 pound difference). Will they scrutinize to that extent?