ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please!!! Tier 5 - want to extend my stay < 6 months

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tigerlily8701
Newly Registered
Mood:

Help please!!! Tier 5 - want to extend my stay < 6 months

Post by tigerlily8701 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I need some help please! I am currently 1 year into my 2 year YMS visa. I came to the UK with my boyfriend who has a UK passport (but had never lived in the UK before now), and we have now been living together for 1 year. My Tier 5 YMS expires in August 2019, but we would like to stay until around December 2019 (for reasons related to my boyfriend's work and study). I am currently only working temporary jobs so Tier 2 is not an option for me unfortunately.

I have read about the < 6 month marriage visa for fiances? As well as applying for a spousal visa of course.

With the switching over to a Spousal visa, is getting a marriage certificate enough, or will we have to hold an actual ceremony in a licensed venue?

Are there any other options? And given we are only extending our stay by about 4 months post-Tier 5 expiry, we would like to keep the cost low if possible.

Would really appreciate any advice, thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
IK