ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many days should I need to wait?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nureakinci
Newly Registered

How many days should I need to wait?

Post by nureakinci » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:51 pm

Hello, I has just received this e mail below, today.
Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK.  Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield.  The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents.   If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date.  If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.
And I received the e mail below 6 days ago excluding weekends.

"Your UK visa application has been received by UK Visas & Immigration and will now be processed in accordance with published timelines."

I calculated my visa processing time in the website (https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times) and it says only 10 days %100 days.

I was confused cause the e mail I got today says it can take up 15 days. Is this 15 days from now or the date of my application have been received by UKVI?

I am also worrying about start date of my internship. It is this Monday and it is already Friday! I know that I am surely going to be late but don't want to be too late anymore!

Therefore, Do you usually how many days you get your Visa after you got that e mail?

Thank you for your help.

lunaticindie
Newly Registered

Re: How many days should I need to wait?

Post by lunaticindie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Hello,

Did you get the decision? How long did it take from the date of the email?

I am exactly in the same situation.

Thank you.

nureakinci
Newly Registered

Post by nureakinci » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:17 am

lunaticindie wrote:Hello,

Did you get the decision? How long did it take from the date of the email?

I am exactly in the same situation.

Thank you.

Hello,

I am still waiting my decision. After this e mail I got another. It says like that:

"Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application remains under consideration.

We have previously communicated our customer service target for non-settlement applications as 15 working days. Unfortunately, we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service target. We apologise for any inconvenience that this might cause.

We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible over the coming days.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section"

Therefore, it means my application still on decision making. But don't worry, my other friends who has applied Tier5 got their passport back within 15 working days!! I think I am the only one who couldn't get passport back within 15 days. I hope to get it back soon!!

Good luck!

lunaticindie
Newly Registered

Post by lunaticindie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:35 pm

Wow. Seems like they are taking a much longer time than anticipated.

Are you applying for Tier 5 Temporary Worker (mine is -> Government Authorised Exchange) or the Youth Mobility Scheme?

nureakinci
Newly Registered

Post by nureakinci » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:28 pm

lunaticindie wrote:Wow. Seems like they are taking a much longer time than anticipated.

Are you applying for Tier 5 Temporary Worker (mine is -> Government Authorised Exchange) or the Youth Mobility Scheme?

Yeah, actually it depends on which country you apply from. For my country, most applications are processed within 15 working days. But I do not have any idea why my application takes so long. Today is my 21 working day and I am still waiting.

Mine is Government Authorizated Exchange, too!

Don't worry, you might get back your Visa within 6-7 working days. I hope so!

lunaticindie
Newly Registered

Post by lunaticindie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Are you applying through IAESTE programme?

nureakinci
Newly Registered

Post by nureakinci » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:46 pm

No, mine is called as Erasmus+ Programme

lunaticindie
Newly Registered

Post by lunaticindie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:14 pm

Oh okay.

Good luck!

And do tell when you get the decision.

Thank you for the quick replies.

nureakinci
Newly Registered

Post by nureakinci » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Thank you and you're welcome!
Sure I will reply this when I get it.

drbhagat
Newly Registered

Post by drbhagat » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:09 pm

Hello,

I have also applied for tier 5 ( GAE) on 12 June and got an email from Sheffield UK on 24 June. It has already been 15 working days, any idea how many days they usually take to process ..

ricensw
Newly Registered

Post by ricensw » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi, are you still waiting for the decision? I got the email the same day as you and I'm still waiting

thisisportia22
Newly Registered

Post by thisisportia22 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:42 pm

Hey, did you get your decision and how long did it take? Is anyone from this thread experiencing similar issue and how long did it take to get a response ?

Thanks,
Kay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:48 pm

thisisportia22 wrote:Hey, did you get your decision and how long did it take? Is anyone from this thread experiencing similar issue and how long did it take to get a response ?

Thanks,
Kay
Your visitor visa application is a completely different category, rules and requirements to this topic and sub forum which is for Tier 5 PBS visas queries only.

Please be patient, you have already posted today in the General Immigration sub forum, when someone is able or willing to respond, I am sure they will and refrain from tagging onto topics which are not relevant to your situation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ricardoflanigano
Newly Registered

Post by ricardoflanigano » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:38 am

Hi guys interested to see whether you have received your visas as I am in the same situation.

Tier 5 YMS
Biometrics - July 7
Received in Sheffield - July 15
Haven't heard anything since :?

ricensw
Newly Registered

Post by ricensw » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:08 am

update:
I got my Tier 5 YMS on my 40th working day :) 28th July

T5advice
Newly Registered

Post by T5advice » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:16 am

Hello Everyone,

Did Any of you get your tier 5 YMS or GAE yet? I have also applied on 13th july and I am still waiting for a decision.
My timeline is as follow,
Online application : 11th of july
Biometrics : 13th of July
Acknowledgement mail: 18th of July
Not straightforward mail: 16th August
Can you please post your experiences? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks

T5advice
Newly Registered

Post by T5advice » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:19 am

ricensw wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:08 am
update:
I got my Tier 5 YMS on my 40th working day :) 28th July
Hey,

Did you get the not straightforward mail? And does a late decision impact your job as my job has already started on 1st of august?

Jewelsfox
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Jewelsfox » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:55 am

I am in the same situation

Applied 24 July
Email saying application received on 4 August
Email saying not straightforward and will take longer than expected on 17 August
I emailed them on 27 August and they said "application currently awaiting approval"

It's now been 33 working days!! My patience is wearing thin.. Only reason for delay that I can think is that there is an abundance of applications and they are finding it hard to get through them on time!?

I am wondering what the maximum time frame is as it states 12 weeks I think.

I'm applying from Brisbane Australia..

T5advice
Newly Registered

Post by T5advice » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:16 am

Jewelsfox wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:55 am
I am in the same situation

Applied 24 July
Email saying application received on 4 August
Email saying not straightforward and will take longer than expected on 17 August
I emailed them on 27 August and they said "application currently awaiting approval"

It's now been 33 working days!! My patience is wearing thin.. Only reason for delay that I can think is that there is an abundance of applications and they are finding it hard to get through them on time!?

I am wondering what the maximum time frame is as it states 12 weeks I think.

I'm applying from Brisbane Australia..
Yes, you are right. I came to know that a large number of Applicants from all different Tiers are experiencing this delay. The only problem is that there is no justification given which is causing all this stress. I hope we all get our positive decisions very soon. This wait is killing and annoying.

ricensw
Newly Registered

Post by ricensw » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:28 pm

It seems to be happening all around the world (Hong Kong, Italy, India as far as I know)
I didn't get any explanation but I heard its because they moved all their processing centre abroad back to the UK.

T5advice
Newly Registered

Post by T5advice » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:34 am

46th working Day. Still nothing.

ricensw
Newly Registered

Post by ricensw » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:43 am

T5advice wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:34 am
46th working Day. Still nothing.
Very discouraging I know. Be patient it will come. Good luck!

faizanhussain
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faizanhussain » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:11 pm

I applied my tier 5 GAE application on the 31st of May 2017, I received an email on 5th of June stating that my visa application has been received at Sheffield office. later after a month on the 6th of July, I received another email from the Sheffield office stating that thanks for applying, unfortunately, the processing of your visa application have not been straightforward we won't be able to make a decision in the given time blah blah blah. on the 7th July the very next day I received a call from the home office and they asked me a couple of question as they told me that they have to fill the information in some form or whatever since then I am still waiting for any response from the home office, its already been 78 working days and it's going to be 4 long months me waiting for any decision on my application....... any help or any guidance would be much appreciated please :)

T5advice
Newly Registered

Post by T5advice » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:22 am

Hello Faizan,

Your post has made me very worried as waiting for four months for a Tier 5 visa is beyond thoughts. Can yoh please tell me what questions did they ask you when they called you? And also whos your sponsor?

T5advice
Newly Registered

Post by T5advice » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:19 am

faizanhussain wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:11 pm
I applied my tier 5 GAE application on the 31st of May 2017, I received an email on 5th of June stating that my visa application has been received at Sheffield office. later after a month on the 6th of July, I received another email from the Sheffield office stating that thanks for applying, unfortunately, the processing of your visa application have not been straightforward we won't be able to make a decision in the given time blah blah blah. on the 7th July the very next day I received a call from the home office and they asked me a couple of question as they told me that they have to fill the information in some form or whatever since then I am still waiting for any response from the home office, its already been 78 working days and it's going to be 4 long months me waiting for any decision on my application....... any help or any guidance would be much appreciated please :)
Faizan.. did you call or mail ukvi? I applied from Islamabad, Pakistan and i am also waiting for decision.