ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is post graduate certificate eligible for tier 5 GAE visa?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xaravaree
Newly Registered
Thailand

is post graduate certificate eligible for tier 5 GAE visa?

Post by xaravaree » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi,

At the moment I’m suspending from my previous post graduate course in marketing and communication however I failed some of the course and did not complete my degree yet however I was too late to apply and continue the retake of the module and get post graduate diploma, so instead they offer me the choice of retaking some of the modules that I failed and get a post graduate certificate instead. So in september 2018, I am planning to unsuspend from my course and go back to study again to get the post graduate certificate in marketing communication..

So my question is.. if ive graduated with just a post graduate certificate ( not a full master degree) am I still eligible for tier 5 GAE scheme/program visa?

Another question is, if i've graduated with just a post graduate certificate ( not a full master degree) and while I’m still on my tier 4 visa, can I then switch from tier 4 visa to tier 2 visa to be able to work in UK? Can my university (higher education) be my sponsor to switch from tier 4 to tier 2 visa even if i'm graduated with just a post graduate certificate ?

If yes, Will I still need to have CoS from a company/employer in order to switch from tier 4 visa to tier 2?

Last question is, for person graduating with post graduate certificate, is this still consider as a UK recognised degree ? Is it eligible for graduate entrepreneur tier 1 scheme ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: is post graduate certificate eligible for tier 5 GAE visa?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:26 pm

Please ask your Tier 2 specific questions in the Tier 2 General Sub Forum (click) and your Tier 1 questions in the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Sub Forum (click).

This sub forum where this topic is, is for Tier 5 visa posts only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: is post graduate certificate eligible for tier 5 GAE visa?

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:00 pm

xaravaree wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:23 pm
if ive graduated with just a post graduate certificate ( not a full master degree) am I still eligible for tier 5 GAE scheme/program visa?
You need to check this with the administrators of the specific Tier 5 scheme or programme you wish to apply for.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.