ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-applying to YMS Tier 5 (did not move to the UK under the visa the first time)

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

crackersand_cheese
Newly Registered
Canada

Re-applying to YMS Tier 5 (did not move to the UK under the visa the first time)

Post by crackersand_cheese » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Two years ago, I applied and received the YMS Tier 5 visa, but due to personal reasons, didn't end up moving to the UK. The UK gov.uk website says you cannot apply to the visa if you have "already been in the UK under the scheme or in the former ‘working holidaymaker’ category". I visited the UK for a few days later that year, but under my Canadian passport as a visitor.

Although I technically held the visa, since I didn't actually move to the UK under the visa, would I be able to apply again and successfully receive the YMS Tier 5 visa? Does anybody have any experience about this or know who I may be able to contact? Thank you in advanced.