Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Charity Visa to Skilled Work Visa?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John

Post Reply
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:21 pm

Switch from Charity Visa to Skilled Work Visa?

Post by lisanncruz » Wed May 24, 2023 2:31 pm

I had thought this wasn't possible but under the skilled work visa section on it says:

"Who cannot apply to switch to this visa
You cannot apply to switch to this visa if you’re currently in the UK:

on a visit visa
on a short-term student visa
on a Parent of a Child Student visa
on a seasonal worker visa
on a domestic worker in a private household visa
on immigration bail
because you were given permission to stay outside the immigration rules, for example on compassionate grounds
You must leave the UK and apply for a Skilled Worker visa from abroad if you’re in one of these categories"

As temporary work visa or charity visa isn't there does it mean it is possible? It seems like they've changed the rules in this area? Has anyone done this?

Post Reply