Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work)
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5
Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe
- Newly Registered
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:30 pm
I hold a Chinese passport. I currently have a T2 work visaa which will expire in 2021.
I want to change my job and recently got an internship offer from another company. I need to resign my current job and apply for a T5 visa for the internship which will start in March.
1. Is it possible that I apply for a T5 visa and finish my internship successfully in March?
2. I know there is a cooling off period which means that I cannot enter the UK for 12 months. Does this period starts from my resignation? If I have a T5 visa, will my stay in the UK for the internship be counted into this 12-month period?
3. Can I apply T5 in the UK? and how long should I wait before getting it?
I am very worried about this problem. Hope someone could help me!!!
The Station Agent
- Senior Member
- Posts: 621
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:51 am
- Location: UK
I'm not sure an internship is approvable in tier 5.