ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 visa during tier 2 cooling off period

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raul_arora
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 5 visa during tier 2 cooling off period

Post by raul_arora » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:54 am

Hi,

My name is Rahul and I was working in London on a tier 2 visa which I switched from tier 4 after my studies. My current leave was curtailed as I finished my employment earlier and the leave ends on January 5, 2018. But I'm flying back next week. Since the visa was curtailed, the cooling off period starts the moment I leave the country.
Now, I was wondering that if I would be able to get another job after I fly back (results are due for a couple of interviews) then in that case can I apply for a tier 5 sponsored researcher visa for a stay of 18 months and can switch to tier 2 visa afterwards?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 5 visa during tier 2 cooling off period

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:44 am

tier 5 sponsored researcher visa
Do you mean the Tier 5 Government Exchange Programme??

https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-government-au ... d-exchange
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raul_arora
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 5 visa during tier 2 cooling off period

Post by raul_arora » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:18 am

Yes, the link you have provided states that a sponsor can be a higher education institute and can sponsor a tier 5 visa. Therefore, I was wondering is there any other requirement for that visa ? As in my understanding suggests that in the cooling off period one cannot apply for the tier 2 visa but can apply for any other visa type. So, if I can get a tier 5 visa for the next 12 months if I accept the job then can I switch to tier 2 after that ?

Or in such a case where in my cooling off period, I get a job which is on a shortage occupation list, does the cooling off period will apply or is there any exceptions to this rule for the shortage occupation category of jobs ?

Thanks!