ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 and relationship

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nancyq
Newly Registered
Mood:

Tier 5 and relationship

Post by nancyq » Mon May 07, 2018 11:51 am

First time poster here, hello!

I am a British citizen living in South Korea. I am moving back to the UK in August, hopefully with my South Korean partner (we are unmarried). He has secured sponsorship for a tier 5 working visa to the UK, through the youth mobility scheme (hurray!), but we are unsure as to whether we will encounter any issues stating our relationship on the application form.
There is no information online that says there is any issue with someone living with their British partner in the UK while on a tier 5, but one immigration lawyer friend-of-a-friend and one other person who heard rumors say that we should hide our relationship or risk him being turned away at the airport.

Does anybody know something about this matter? Feeling very confused

Casa

Re: Tier 5 and relationship

Post by Casa » Mon May 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Don't listen to 'rumours'.

Never be tempted to 'hide' information in a visa application. If you fail to do this now, you will dig yourselves into a very deep hole if you later decide to apply as Unmarried Partners and are unable to substantiate the length of your relationship. The legal advisor should be well aware of this. :!:

There are no restrictions on living with a partner while on a Tier 5 Mobility visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

nancyq
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nancyq » Wed May 09, 2018 3:31 am

Sounds like sound advice thank you. Yes we have left a trial of evidence of cohabitation so it would be a shame to waste that for the sake of easy passage now.

Thank you for quelling my neurosis :lol:

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:29 am

nancyq wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:51 am
one immigration lawyer friend-of-a-friend and one other person who heard rumors say that we should hide our relationship or risk him being turned away at the airport.
The "immigration lawyer" in particular should be ashamed of themselves both for their lack of professional knowledge and for recommending a deceptive application. They deserve to be reported to the relevant authorities in Korea.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.