ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 HELP! - Temporary worker - Charity Worker - Allowed paid work

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harshpanchal
Newly Registered

Tier 5 HELP! - Temporary worker - Charity Worker - Allowed paid work

Post by harshpanchal » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:35 pm

For Tier 5 charity worker regarding to the second job for up to 20 hours per week. Can I receive any payment for working in the second job? I understand that for voluntary work I cannot receive any payment, but what about the second job (on the Appendix k or Tier 2 shortage occupation list)?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 5 HELP! - Temporary worker - Charity Worker - Allowed paid work

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:33 am

harshpanchal wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:35 pm
Can I receive any payment for working in the second job?
Anyone with any type of Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa can take supplementary employment, within the criteria listed in paragraph 100 of the policy guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ary-worker

There are no extra criteria specifically for holders of a Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa specifically for charity work.

It is a rare visa, so you may find that an employer doe not immediately understand it, but they can check with the Home Office.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

harshpanchal
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 5 HELP! - Temporary worker - Charity Worker - Allowed paid work

Post by harshpanchal » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:28 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:33 am
harshpanchal wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:35 pm
Can I receive any payment for working in the second job?
Anyone with any type of Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa can take supplementary employment, within the criteria listed in paragraph 100 of the policy guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ary-worker

There are no extra criteria specifically for holders of a Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa specifically for charity work.

It is a rare visa, so you may find that an employer doe not immediately understand it, but they can check with the Home Office.

That's great thanks for your reply. I'll chase it up with the employer.