ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 Visa question: "leave stamps"

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Walrus
Newly Registered

Tier 5 Visa question: "leave stamps"

Post by Walrus » Tue May 03, 2011 4:56 am

Hi!

I am applying for a Tier 5 visa as a temporary worker in the UK. The company is about to generate my certificate of sponsorhsip. But they are asking me for a copy of my passport. That is not a great deal but they are telling me to also send them copies of my passport pages showing "leave stamps". I am not an English native speaker so there are terms which I have no idea what they mean. I know that a passport gets stamps when you enter or leave a country. But what are exactly those "leave stamps" that they are asking for? I have been googling for that for a while and found nothing! Please just tell me what are the "leave stamps" of my passport.

I've never been to the UK before. I have only traveled to Canada once. Do I have to send them the copy of the stamp that the Canadian border agency put on my passport or are they expecting only to show them UK stamps (if I had been there before) ?

Thank you very much for your time and attention. And please excuse me if my question looks silly but please consider that I am not an English native speaker.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 5 Visa question: "leave stamps"

Post by PaperPusher » Tue May 03, 2011 7:35 am

I am an English speaker, British English is my mother tongue, and I have no idea what they are on about. I do not even think a potential employer needs to know what visas you have if you are not in the UK. They certainly do not need a copy of your passport, just your passport number.

Don't be afraid to ask them what they mean.

I hope you did not have to pay any money for this position and/or visas. Visa fees are only paid to the British government.
Walrus wrote:Hi!

I am applying for a Tier 5 visa as a temporary worker in the UK. The company is about to generate my certificate of sponsorhsip. But they are asking me for a copy of my passport. That is not a great deal but they are telling me to also send them copies of my passport pages showing "leave stamps". I am not an English native speaker so there are terms which I have no idea what they mean. I know that a passport gets stamps when you enter or leave a country. But what are exactly those "leave stamps" that they are asking for? I have been googling for that for a while and found nothing! Please just tell me what are the "leave stamps" of my passport.

I've never been to the UK before. I have only traveled to Canada once. Do I have to send them the copy of the stamp that the Canadian border agency put on my passport or are they expecting only to show them UK stamps (if I had been there before) ?

Thank you very much for your time and attention. And please excuse me if my question looks silly but please consider that I am not an English native speaker.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Mon May 09, 2011 4:07 pm

They are probably talking about UK entry stamp. They need your leave stamp only once you've entered the UK.

You are not in the UK so it's a bit daft. They just need the info page from your passport plus your home address, job title etc.

What category of Tier 5? Are you a religious worker or an entertainer or something?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 09, 2011 6:13 pm

They may be referring to leave to enter/remain endorsements issued by the UKBA. If you've never applied for a UK visa and have never been to the UK, then you wouldn't have any.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Walrus
Newly Registered

Post by Walrus » Wed May 11, 2011 2:37 am

Thank you very much for your advise.

I asked them what they meant with the leave stamps but they have not replied yet. So I sent them a scanned copy of my passport including the pages of the stamps I have from my previous visit to Canada. I think they are talking about the UK entry stamp The Station Agent mentioned.

Thanks again for your help!