ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 YMS - Confused Kiwi applying from Australia

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

belindajmc
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Tier 5 YMS - Confused Kiwi applying from Australia

Post by belindajmc » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:15 am

Hello! Confused Kiwi here – I'm living in Australia and am applying for a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa for the UK. I'm a bit worried about the evidence/supporting documentation that it's stating I need to supply to show my residency status in Australia.

Wondering if any other Kiwis have applied for the same visa from Aus and if so, which supporting evidence you supplied to show permission to reside in Australia for more than 6 months? Considering NZers are assigned a Special Category Visa 444, which is all electronically processed on arrival in Aus, there isn't any official documentation/visa that I have to prove this.

Given that this visa also doesn't have an expiration date, I'm also confused as to what I should put under "expiry date" in the application when selecting that I'm here on a temporary visa. Other options are Permanent Resident or not a resident or visa holder for the country I'm applying from (neither or which are correct either).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!