ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 YMS (Hong Kong) lottery - anyone got a confirmation email?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xachalexson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Tier 5 YMS (Hong Kong) lottery - anyone got a confirmation email?

Post by xachalexson » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:23 am

Hi guys. I applied for the Tier 5 YMS visa lottery that had been open to us HKSAR passport holders on the 3rd to 5th February. I have applied for it the literal moment it started and I am still waiting to have a confirmation which I hope to dear Lord that I get chosen as this is an extremely important visa to me.

May I ask, if you are from a lottery-based visa application country, have you only received it at the very last minute of its deadline (12th February)? Apparently, if you aren't chosen, an email will be sent to you on the 14th that no further action is required. And it is absolutely nerve-wracking and I am in constant anxiety concurrently.

Secondly, I read that on the forums of Reddit that immigration only allows up to 6 months worth of visit per annum and that you cannot visit more than 180 days. Is this true? I am desperately looking for ways to migrate into the UK, as I think Tier 2 might be an option but extremely hard to get. Please help.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 5 YMS (Hong Kong) lottery - anyone got a confirmation email?

Post by sah10406 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:02 am

xachalexson wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:23 am
I read that on the forums of Reddit that immigration only allows up to 6 months worth of visit per annum and that you cannot visit more than 180 days. Is this true? I am desperately looking for ways to migrate into the UK, as I think Tier 2 might be an option but extremely hard to get.
No it is not true, but going as a Standard Visitor is not a way to "migrate" to the UK anyway, only for a short visit maximum six months.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.