ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 YMS to tier 2 , reset time, ILR

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

moonomid
Newly Registered
Germany

Tier 5 YMS to tier 2 , reset time, ILR

Post by moonomid » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:58 am

Hi

My girlfriend has tier 5 YMS visa and she wants to switch to tier 2 general again in order to get ILR.
She worked with tier 2 general for two years before changing to tier 5 YMS. I know her time gets to zero and she needs to work again for 5 years if she wants to get her ILR.

I’ve searched through the forum and I have some questions:
1- According to other topics, there is no cooling off period (12 month) is considered for tier5 to tier 2, is it correct?
2- She can only get a total of 6 years in T2 visa category, but is she already used 2 years of it? Or changing the visa every time brings another 6 years in total? (how does this 6 years in total get reset again?)

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 5 YMS to tier 2 , reset time, ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:10 am

1. No cooling off period.

2. She will get maximum of 6 years. Her Tie 5 would have reset the 6 year requirement and the previous tier 2 is therefore not relevant.

The EEA route you previously asked about might still be better as she will have the freedom to work for any employer.

eea-route-applications/non-eu-family-me ... l#p1586555
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.