ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jack-Package
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by Jack-Package » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:28 pm

A friend of mine who is currently doing it, he's doing it through one of those companies that help you organise your visa's and said they told him he'll have to explain where the lump sum of savings came from. I thought it sounded a bit excessive but wanted to see what anyone elses experiences are.

Also, sorry for all the questions but this is in relation to one of the previous questions from mzmz75, the statement I got from my bank was given to me 2 days after my application and the closing balance is $100AUD under of the £1890 savings, due to an unforeseen debit, but about a week before my interview I had more than enough savings to prove it. If I'm reading correctly, that'll be fine won't it, they'll see I had the correct amount of savings at one point in the 31 days leading up to my application?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:42 am

Jack-Package wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:28 pm
A friend of mine who is currently doing it, he's doing it through one of those companies that help you organise your visa's and said they told him he'll have to explain where the lump sum of savings came from. I thought it sounded a bit excessive but wanted to see what anyone elses experiences are.
That's how such companies work. They justify their existence and their fees by making you feel that you couldn't possibly do the application successfully without them, because they know about secret requirements that the Home Office don't tell you about.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

xachalexson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by xachalexson » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:13 am

Hi - I am facing a very similar matter of absolute emergency. I will have my biometrics done on the 29th of July, 2019 and my bank will only issue a letter of certificate of balance for my current funds on the day. I am not able to use my statement because the bank refused to chop it for me as proof of genuity. I had my application done on the 17th, will I be rejected? I meet all requirements and I'm absolutely freaking tf out here too. This visa is extremely important to me.

Please reply to me ASAP!! ABSOLUTE URGENCY!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:20 am

xachalexson wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:13 am
I will have my biometrics done on the 29th of July, 2019 and my bank will only issue a letter of certificate of balance for my current funds on the day. I am not able to use my statement because the bank refused to chop it for me as proof of genuity. I had my application done on the 17th, will I be rejected?
As explained earlier in this topic a few times, you need to show that you held the relevant money on the date you applied (17 July), or on a single day up to 31 days before that.

A certificate only showing that you held the money 12 days after applying (29 July) would not be relevant.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sabgi9
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by sabgi9 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:14 pm

Hello,
does the bank statement need to cover 31 days before the online application or before you provide the biometrics?
I submitted the online application on November 15 and plan on getting it stamped on December 15. I had the funds on the day on November 15 but prior to that the funds were not there for 31 days.
If I attend my biometric appointment on December 17 will I get rejected?
I would really appreciate if you could let me know as it's causing me a lot of anxiety and I wonder if I should get a refund and apply again...
Thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:04 pm

sabgi9 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:14 pm
does the bank statement need to cover 31 days before the online application or before you provide the biometrics?
Neither. Again, the funds need to be held on one day not for 31 days. The one day can be up to 31 days before the application.

sabgi9
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by sabgi9 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:45 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:04 pm
sabgi9 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:14 pm
Neither. Again, the funds need to be held on one day not for 31 days. The one day can be up to 31 days before the application.
Thanks so much for your response. Does that mean I can just provide the statement and they can see that I had the funds on the day I submitted the online application?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:51 am

sabgi9 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:45 pm
Does that mean I can just provide the statement and they can see that I had the funds on the day I submitted the online application?
I don't really know how to say it again any clearer. Please read again my previous reply and all the preceding posts in this topic which are all about how to meet the maintenance requirement.

If you have read the gov.uk web-page, the Tier 5 YMS guidance and this topic and you are still not clear how to show you meet the maintenance requirement, I would recommend professional advice with your application.

jsmith2
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by jsmith2 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:46 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:51 am
sabgi9 wrote:
Does that mean I can just provide the statement and they can see that I had the funds on the day I submitted the online application?
I don't really know how to say it again any clearer. Please read again my previous reply and all the preceding posts in this topic which are all about how to meet the maintenance requirement.

If you have read the gov.uk web-page, the Tier 5 YMS guidance and this topic and you are still not clear how to show you meet the maintenance requirement, I would recommend professional advice with your application.

Have you checked these documents recently? Because they don't actually state this information in them. There's actually no evidence of a window period at all. I'm starting to wonder if it's changed recently?

jsmith2
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by jsmith2 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:57 pm

jsmith2 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:46 pm
sah10406 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:51 am
sabgi9 wrote:

Have you checked these documents recently? Because they don't actually state this information in them. There's actually no evidence of a window period at all. I'm starting to wonder if it's changed recently?
Sorry, I need to make an amendment but I can't edit my post for whatever reason.

This rule isn't even mentioned in the guidance document at all BUT it is on this entirely separate appendix. But then during the application process, you are at no time directed to this legal appendix at all. How are people supposed to be aware of this super specific and seemingly random rule? The word 'within' is also super misleading because it gives the impression that they funds can be +/- the application date, not specifically prior to them.

desperation4928
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by desperation4928 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:11 pm

jodster888 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:58 am
Hi Kortz91

No with a Youth Mobility Visa you can enter as whenever you want. The visa is valid for 2 years and you can come and go as you please. We can reapply today and if its approved this time he can travel asap.

Our thoughts are we are not going to wait for the review as what I have read that can take a month to get an answer and then you have to send your passport back to the UK for the Visa to be applied....wait for it to come back to AU and in some cases that can take unto 6 months....Crazy!

If we apply again knowing what we know now, it hopefully will all be approved and done in 20 days.Then he can book his flight and off he goes! A lot of red tape IMHO and cost for a young guy wanting to earn a few pounds (or whatever the currency will be after BREXIT) and meet people in the hospitality industry in London for 4 months. He actually probably won’t earn what its cost him to get the visa! But thats what he wants to do and he might decide to stay longer as he can.

Did your son's second application go through? And was it within the limited time the ballot was valid for? I might have to withdraw my application but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to reapply with the same ballot!