Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

What Visa do I need?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Post Reply
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:14 am

What Visa do I need?

Post by seimen » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:18 am

Dear Forum

I can't figure out which Visa I need. My family (2 Adults, 2 Kids (4 and 6 y/o) would like to move to the UK and live there for two years. Our Kids would go to School there and my Wife studies in an distant University. I will keep my work based in Switzerland and will work remotely. We would like to live in Mainland England.

Do I need a Work Visa or is it enough to have a extended Tourist Visa.

Thanks for your help! 8)

User avatar
Posts: 82336
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
South Africa

Re: What Visa do I need?

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:34 am

What visa is your wife and children coming to the UK on?

You cannot work, in any capacity, while in the UK on a tourist visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Diamond Member
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Re: What Visa do I need?

Post by JB007 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:19 am

seimen wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:18 am

I can't figure out which Visa I need.
That's because there isn't a visa for what you want to do.

This will show you the visas for working in the UK.

Post Reply