ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Youth Mobility Visa - Shared Bank Account

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jjave
Newly Registered
Australia

Youth Mobility Visa - Shared Bank Account

Post by jjave » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi all!

My unmarried partner and I are both Australian and applying for the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa. We are using a shared bank account (in both of our names) to do so. Using this bank account, my application was approved back in October.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to dip into this account considerably over the last few months. The amount currently the account is just over the £1,890 required.

My partner is going in for his biometrics appointment tomorrow. My question is, given that it is an account shared between two applicants - does the amount of funds required double?

Is it possible that his application will be rejected on the grounds that the account currently only shows £1,890 between us?

All the information I have found indicates that a shared account is okay as long as the applicant is named on it, but I have not been able to find any specific mention of two people applying using the same account.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Youth Mobility Visa - Shared Bank Account

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:18 pm

jjave wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:19 pm
My question is, given that it is an account shared between two applicants - does the amount of funds required double?
No. The funds only need to be in place on a single day, so applying on two different days would be the requirements of Appendix C. I know it seems weird, but I can't see how it could lead to a refusal.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ance-funds
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Youth Mobility Visa - Shared Bank Account

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Sorry, that should read

applying on two different days would meet the requirements of Appendix C
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.