ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for US visitor visa from UK

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bhargav03
Newly Registered
India

Apply for US visitor visa from UK

Post by bhargav03 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:37 pm

Hi all, I'm from India currently on a student visa in the UK and want to apply for US visitor visa. I wanted to know what's the success rate if i apply from UK and any suggestions to make my profile strong before i apply for the visitor visa. Thanks in advance.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Apply for US visitor visa from UK

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:43 pm

bhargav03 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:37 pm
Hi all, I'm from India currently on a student visa in the UK and want to apply for US visitor visa. I wanted to know what's the success rate if i apply from UK and any suggestions to make my profile strong before i apply for the visitor visa. Thanks in advance.
Not sure there's a success rate for US visa. Every case is different. You need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you would leave the US after you trip. Show that you have significant ties to the UK and your country of origin.
Travel experience helps, but they really don't care sometimes. I guess it depends on your interviewer.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

prathahini parthiban
Newly Registered

Post by prathahini parthiban » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:09 am

Hi all. I am attending u.s visitor visa interview next week. Should I carry an itinerary as well tickets and stay booked prior ? Is that mandatory ? Because things are quite uncertain so I haven’t booked any yet. I am working as a dentist in the Uk, so will I need to prove my return to the Uk as well. Thanks in advance

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:50 am

prathahini parthiban wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:09 am
Hi all. I am attending u.s visitor visa interview next week. Should I carry an itinerary as well tickets and stay booked prior ? Is that mandatory ? Because things are quite uncertain so I haven’t booked any yet. I am working as a dentist in the Uk, so will I need to prove my return to the Uk as well. Thanks in advance
You should post your own question in a new thread. Not fair on the OP to hijack their thread.
USA visa interviews are the most unpredictable interviews ever. Sometimes they don't need to see anything, sometimes they ask to see somethings. I'd say go along with every file or document that that shows your itinerary, hotel reservation and proof that you can come back to the UK. Bank statements and all. stay calm and good luck!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Corw

Post by Corw » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:48 pm

prathahini parthiban wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:09 am
Hello
Can you please share your interview experience ?
Did you get your b1/b2 visa ?