ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B2 Visa for Indian living in UK

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amulyan
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

B2 Visa for Indian living in UK

Post by amulyan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi,

My husband and I (married for 10 months) are planning to visit my sister's family in California for 10 days (booked return tickets already). Here's a brief info about our immigration backgrounds:

* Husband:
- Has been working for 5.5 years (4 years in India and 1.5 years in UK on Tier 2 ICT visa)
- He has never been to the US before

* Myself:
- Was in the US from Aug 2012 on F1 visa
- Did Masters for a couple of years and worked for a couple more, all on F1 visa (worked legally with OPT)
- Was living at my sister's place for as long as I was in the US
- When I left US for good, I still had 2 months of work permit and 8 months of F1 visa validity
- I've been working from 4 months on a permanent role in the UK

We don't own any properties (neither in India nor in UK, not even a car)
We're ready to submit our bank statements (India and UK) along with pay slips and letters from employers

Based on your experiences:
1. Could you please guide me if we should take care of anything before filling out DS-160?
2. Would applying from UK be causing problems because we're not permanent residents or citizens here

I really appreciate your responses.

Thank you,
Amulya

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Re: B2 Visa for Indian living in UK

Post by seanjoe » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:51 pm

why would you need to show your indian papers?
Just show your uk based income statments, work letters, and rent statements etc.
since you are based in the uk with a valid work visa, you do not need to show any indian data.
sean

takdeerwala
India

Re: B2 Visa for Indian living in UK

Post by takdeerwala » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:27 am

They have nothing to do with what you got in India. You should have significant attachment to UK like job, family, address, visa status as you are applying from UK and you are supposed to come back to UK after the touristic visit is finished. Tickets already purchased without Visa?? Why take such risk. Hope tickets are refundable. They neevr advise to book tickets without visa in hand.