ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i apply for ESTA after J1 denied 13 years ago with different nationality

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eealess
Brazil

can i apply for ESTA after J1 denied 13 years ago with different nationality

Post by eealess » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:37 pm

13 years ago I had a j1 visa denied with my Brazilian passport.
My Italian citizenship has been recognized recently and I wanted to travel for tourism with an ESTA.
Is that possible? Or do I need to apply for a visa?
Been living in the UK for 12 years now, settled status, a stable job, and finances in order

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: can i apply for ESTA after J1 denied 13 years ago with different nationality

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:03 am

Visa refusal is not a ban, even if banned there is a set time limit.
Apply for ESTA.

eealess
Brazil

Re: can i apply for ESTA after J1 denied 13 years ago with different nationality

Post by eealess » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:21 am

thank you!

antonio123barbosa
Newly Registered
Sweden

Post by antonio123barbosa » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:50 am

@eealess Saw another post of yours (that is locked, hence posting here), regarding you application for citizenship. I am in a similar situation to yours (SAR comes back very early incomplete). Please could you let me know if you’ve proceeded and if so if you had any issues with your entry/exits?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:33 pm

antonio123barbosa wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:50 am
@eealess Saw another post of yours (that is locked, hence posting here), regarding you application for citizenship. I am in a similar situation to yours (SAR comes back very early incomplete). Please could you let me know if you’ve proceeded and if so if you had any issues with your entry/exits?
Please note that this is the US immigration section. Please stop asking on another person's thread about a question that has nothing to do with this.
If you haven't already, open your own thread and ask the appropriate questions there.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

SamAsh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by SamAsh » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:33 pm

@eealess

Did you get the Esta approved then after ?? Any updates please im in same situation…